Pre-Game Talk: Is It October Yet? Why Yes It Is! Hurricanes, please don't suck this season.

Will we suck this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Is Sara Civ trolling or is 1st Line Brock really a thing...:banghead:

Look, I get it, Necas needs to work his way into the lineup and Foegele needs some time to get back to being Playoff McLovin again, but still, Brindy, can't you at least put Dzingel in with Nino and Aho?

Didn’t he try DZingel up there in preseason? Maybe he didn’t like the chemistry? Maybe both Nino and Dzingel are much less effective on the right side? Could be lots of valid reasons.

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal and we all know it will change a bunch of times throughout the season.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
TBF to Brindy, it's very possible that he wants to work Dzingel and Gardiner in slowly due to their pre-season tweaks and health scares. Also, TBF to Brock, he's a very good skater and can keep up and drive play with the best of our guys. He just can't score to save his life.
giphy.gif

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Is Sara Civ trolling or is 1st Line Brock really a thing...:banghead:

Look, I get it, Necas needs to work his way into the lineup and Foegele needs some time to get back to being Playoff McLovin again, but still, Brindy, can't you at least put Dzingel in with Nino and Aho?

its more like she is trolling Rod. She knows that Rod loves to overslot him.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Svech played RW all through juniors, so I hope that once Dzingel shows he’s fully healthy, Svech takes Brock’s spot on that line and Dzingel takes Brock’s spot in the top 6.

I really don’t like those defensive pairings, I think they should’ve gone Fleury - Pesce, Edmundson - Gardiner if they’re that worried about easing Jake into game 1.

I think i’d also rather see Brindy flip Necas and Martinook for a full speed line, but that’s more nit picky than anything.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hey everyone, I am back and hyped for another season. Hopefully it will be as fun of a ride as last year. I haven't had a chance to catch any full pre-season games, just a few periods here and there.. So I am coming in with a clean slate.

I also love how the first game is against Montreal. Let's hope Aho thanks them for the contract properly :nod:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Y'know, last season, I got on Brindy for being so rigid with his lines. Turns out, he was right and I was wrong. Last season's team just needed time to get used to each other. This season, he's been changing lines every 15 minutes and I wish he'd give the guys a chance to gel. I'm sure he knows what he's doing, but I'll be shocked if we dominate from the opening puck drop. It's really going to take some time, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad