Pre-Game Talk: Is It October Yet? Why Yes It Is! Hurricanes, please don't suck this season.

Will we suck this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Wake the f*** up, everyone.... its Mother f***ing Game Day, bitches!

OrganicNippyFieldspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I’m cautiously optimistic. I generally agree with the additions, but have struggled with the subtractions of CDH, Ferland and Mcbackup. I think goaltending was the difference last year so I could see us being close but coming up short.

Faulk and Williams changes the locker room for sure and adds to the grit loss to some extent. The loss goaltending and grit in key positions could turn the tide enough to miss the playoffs.

Haula, Dzingle and Necas add skill and speed but none are guys you’d expect to battle and grit their way through a tough game. Gauthier wouldn’t have been enough from the fourth line. Edmunson will help if he can play d.

The cliche is battle and grit are for the playoffs and pond hockey is for the regular season.

See TB, SJ, Toronto, and Wash....the cliche would also explain why Wish won the cup post president trophies and with less skill.

Carolina could become a better regular season team and worse playoff team??

Goaltending...that's a concern but I'm willing to see how Reimer/whoever look behind our defense vs Florida and Torontos.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Projected Lineup: Canadiens vs. Hurricanes

Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.
Forwards
Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Niederreiter-Aho-McGinn
Dzingel-Haula-Martinook
Foegele-Wallmark-Necas
Defense
Slavin-Hamilton
Edmundson-Pesce
Gardiner-Fleury
Goalies
Mrazek
Reimer
Scratches: van Riemsdyk (shoulder; injured non-roster)

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I called it during the off season when everyone was penciling in Necas to the second and third line. Hes going to get the svech treatment from last year. Stapled to the fourth line until he proves he should be higher up.

Reactions: Hockyluv21

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009

This one never gets old either. Just remember running around my house screaming obscenities about the caps and individually about each of their players(except ovi)

SO HYPED BECAUSE OF THIS

SO MUCH DICK ENERGY RIGHT NOW

AAAA LETS GO CANEEEESSSSS

Reactions: SlavinAway

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Not a fan of those lines. Unless they work better than I imagined.

TBF to Brindy, it's very possible that he wants to work Dzingel and Gardiner in slowly due to their pre-season tweaks and health scares. Also, TBF to Brock, he's a very good skater and can keep up and drive play with the best of our guys. He just can't score to save his life.

Reactions: Highway29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad