Is it just me or.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
There's too many people in here that take too much importance in stats on a pre-season game ??????

X players on Y team is having a good offensive night & he seems a lock or a serious push for a team ?

Sometimes i'm just wondering ,how people can say they have knowledge when they made such statement.

I dont want to insult anyone but do I need to remind us that it's not the 1st time & certainly not the last that a youngster will have an impressive offensive pre-season production & wont even be considered in a potential NHL-player come october 8th ?

Just last year Justin Papineau & Jonathan Sim scored each 4 goals in 1 pre-season game. This year again we saw other impressive night on the stats sheet for some player & they wont be considered as a potential ''lock'' on the pro roster.

I understand the hype but it would be I think more credible if someone would say something else than ''X player on Y team got Z pts tonight, he's pushing hard for a spot''.

If we lister to everyone here, we will see more rookies this year than the last 3 years combined on opening day.

I have fun with reading pre-season report but I would enjoy it more if some report were less biased or if you dont like the word less hype.

Maybe be a little more specific on why X kid is impressive thus far.

Just my 2 cents

Russian Fan

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
If, when you're reading pre-season reports, you realize that it's just that, then don't worry. Besides, part of it can be attributed to the fact that we're all anxious for hockey to start.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
Heh, look at Montreal last pre-season and Mariusz Czerkawski. Didn't do a lot of good to be great during the pre-season.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Dan Cleary seemed to lead the Oilers in scoring every pre-season.. I made the mistake of predicting a breakout season for him last year.. I don't pay too much attention to pre-season stats anymore ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad