is it just me or are our schedules always messed up?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've always thought our schedules were screwy. Especially our home games but w/ the State Fair in October, and NC State football/basketball on the same grounds, it's going to be expected.

One thing I don't understand is why one weekend NC State basketball and the Hurricanes are both on the road and the next weekend they have home games on the same day. This hasn't been as common lately but 8-9 years ago it was like every weekend in January and Feburary. I highly doubt the staff at PNC enjoys those quick changeovers, but I could be wrong :dunno:

Don't get me started on all the Sunday games, especially the late Sunday afternoon games. Hate em :rant:

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I think there's a trade off Carolina makes with the league. 26 out of our 41 home games are played on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, which is perceived to increase the casual fan attendance. That schedule sucks for me, as I work 7a-7p every Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. I think in turn, they give us more back to back games, which we've done well on this season.

Each team goes through prolonged streak of days without playing. I actually think our record is better on the back end of back to backs than during extended days off. We need to use these days to our advantage. Our veterans should be used to it by now.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm really sick of the stupid fair road trip. Can't they have the damn thing in September?

Nothing like starting the season off with 5 straight losses on the West Coast.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If we were a better team consistently, the road trip wouldn't matter, and then when we inevitably have home games to even it out, we could make some noise. I agree with the idea that there are certain other favors done with our schedule, so you have to take the bad with the good. I feel like this schedule thing pops up every year. Every team has long stretches where they don't play. The only thing that we get that's consistently bad is back to backs, which as mentioned is because of us getting some favorable days otherwise.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
If we were a better team consistently, the road trip wouldn't matter, and then when we inevitably have home games to even it out, we could make some noise. I agree with the idea that there are certain other favors done with our schedule, so you have to take the bad with the good. I feel like this schedule thing pops up every year. Every team has long stretches where they don't play. The only thing that we get that's consistently bad is back to backs, which as mentioned is because of us getting some favorable days otherwise.

The year we won the Cup, the boys went out and murdered that road trip, and came back to packed houses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad