is it happening that Crosby/Malkin penguins are falling from contender status to a mediocre team??

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
If you're talking about Kessel, your math skills are almost as horrendous as your arguments against Crosby. Might want to re-check what 22 points in 24 games works out to over an 82 game season (hint: it's not a 103 point pace).

lol not talking about Kessel.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Crosby- Looks fine to me
Guentzel- Looks fine to me
Murray- Looks fine to me
Petersson- Looks fine to me
Mccann- Looks great to me
Bugsted- Was always a meh giant marsh mellow
Dummo- Looks fine to me.
Schultz- Looks fine to me but has that Oiler stink in his veins
Gudbranson- Overpaid but is still a solid bottom pairing D
Rust- Came back down to earth, a 3rd liner who can chip in.

Maata- The Finland Cam Barker, a d-man who cant skate backwards lol.

Letang- Always had low hockey IQ, over reliance on forwards to inflate his numbers. Isles shutting down Pens stars exposed him hard for once. Declining a bit.

Malkin- Weak minded, gripping the stick and getting frustrated easily. Talent is still there but is a 13 year old boy stuck in a mans body who skips leg day too much. Declining a bit

Hornqvist- Wear and tear catching up to him. Declining.

Kessel- 30 years old and drinking coca cola all the time. DECLINING

Everyone else is lol. Pens are going to be the post cup Redwings, makes the playoffs for like 5 years in a row but is no real threat for the cup.

This is a fair assessment (except, though he is a dolt, 58 is still incredibly valuable to the Pens). The only thing that can happen to make them actual SC contenders is a couple deft moves by GMJR to bring in some youth and speed, especially at the blue line. Could happen...

So when Crosby had 2 secondary assists and 1 ES point against the Capitals as a minus player, and HBK combined for 17 points - that's not being carried in your opinion?!?

You are entitled to your opinion that Crosby deserved a Conn Smythe while playing at a 65 point / 21 goal pace as a minus player, over another player who was playing at a 103 point / 34 goal pace as a plus player.

I do not see how that is remotely justifiable, especially given Crosby's terrible defensive play, but these things are subjective after all.

How you chime in on every Pens thread to spew your anti-Sid invective is fascinating to me. You act like a spurned lover. Maybe, deep down inside, you love Sid.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't like their D that much. The Johnson signing for 5 years was a real mistake, think we can all agree on that. And I think we all saw it coming. He can be swapped with a replacement level player and it might be an upgrade. If Gudbranson plays to his career norms, he could be another anchor. Maatta is also useless.

I thought Matt Murray had a really good season. His GAA was pretty high for having almost a .920% save percentage. He was facing a lot of shots and I think he flattered the defense and there were times it looked like he carried the team.

Letang is almost starting to become pretty underrated these days.

Reactions: Casanova

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad