Speculation: Is it FINALLY time to talk about Crosby and the All-time PPG leaders?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The only thing is, will this still be something they discuss when his numbers drop and he retires with a lesser PPG average?

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
In this era, the only one close to him in PPG is Geno. That will help his legacy a lot as far as PPG. Winning more individual scoring awards and just as importantly more Cups and Conn Smythes will help more IMO. This is the year for him to do it.

nexguy

Oct 24, 2006
Let's just bask in the fact that the Pens have two of the NHL's top 14 all time PPG leaders on the team right now. Wow.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I almost don’t care about All-Time to be honest. It’s kind of interesting and can be fun to argue, but it’s almost 2 different games. You could argue all day and night about guys in different eras and not get anywhere. What’s more telling to me is how he stacks up among his peers. You have Crosby, a big step down to Geno, Ovechkin, and if you want to count Jagr since he’s still technically a peer, and then another sizeable step down to Kane. No other active players are above a point/game. Even with injuries robbing him of so many individual awards, I think it’s pretty cut-and-dry who the best player of this generation is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->