News Article: Is it Fake or Real

Are the resolutions as stated actually submitted by the respective franchise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
If you tell me that it is just Luke Fox from Sportsnet making these up Ill punch you.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This one seems particularly directed at the Leafs

new-york-islanders.png
New York Islanders
We resolve to offer-sheet one of the league’s premier RFAs.

or this one

boston-bruins.png

Boston Bruins

We resolve to crawl under the skin of the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans, push them out of the playoffs in the first round, and giggle at the ensuing panic north of the border.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
If you tell me that it is just Luke Fox from Sportsnet making these up Ill punch you.
Sice you think it is real you think Edmonton would say this:
:edmonton
“We resolve to build a real team around Connor McDavid before he gets so fed up with losing that he begs out.“

IMO I think this is either fully fabricated or taken out of context - like Luke Fox took real parts and cut out others to make it more juicy.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
This one seems particularly directed at the Leafs

new-york-islanders.png
New York Islanders
We resolve to offer-sheet one of the league’s premier RFAs.

or this one

boston-bruins.png

Boston Bruins

We resolve to crawl under the skin of the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans, push them out of the playoffs in the first round, and giggle at the ensuing panic north of the border.

I figured those would be your favourites.

Reactions: OmniCube

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Sice you think it is real you think Edmonton would say this:
:edmonton
“We resolve to build a real team around Connor McDavid before he gets so fed up with losing that he begs out.“

IMO I think this is either fully fabricated or taken out of context - like Luke Fox took real parts and cut out others to make it more juicy.
No it is 100 percent real.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I hope all of the big "three" are offer sheeted. I don't really like any of the them.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
No it is 100 percent real.

Probably some truth to it based on today's headlines, even though the original quotee is done tongue and cheek..

Chiarelli fired as Oilers GM after four seasons

&

McDavid's statement shows frustration with locker room

There have been plenty of changes in Edmonton this season, and so far nothing has worked. Dave Poulin believes that the Oilers have the wrong players and personalities on their roster, while Mike Johnson doesn't believe making more changes this year is worth mortgaging the future.

McDavid: If players don't believe in Oilers' locker room 'they need to leave'

Connor McDavid didn't shy away from the Oilers' latest struggles. He believes that Edmonton needs to renew their commitment to playing defensive hockey, and that everyone in the locker room needs to buy into turning things around. And if they don't? McDavid doesn't feel there's a place for them with the Oilers.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
boston-bruins.png

Boston Bruins

That's how it feels !!!!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That's how it feels !!!!

They already did it 2 X and both times they left a real bad lingering taste in Leaf Nation on embarrassing & epic game 7 collapses.

If they do it again this year, there will be outrage in Leaf Nation just like that quote suggests will happen that it will seem prophetic in nature.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
They already did it 2 X and both times they left a real bad lingering taste in Leaf Nation on embarrassing & epic game 7 collapses.

If they do it again this year, there will be outrage in Leaf Nation just like that quote suggests will happen that it will seem prophetic in nature.
it won't impact me.
It'll take insane luck for a deep playoff run with this team.
Essentially luck plus Andersen light out.
3%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad