Is Higgins on the way out?

chump06

Ottawa Sun

Rumours around the Senators camp is that 2nd line Stanley cup winger Christopher Higgins, new offseason aquisition Viktor Kozlov and prospects Enver Lisin, Cory Emmerton and Michael Blunden maybe be seen as expendable in order to repeat as champions this year. Word leaked out to the Press and when GM Simpson was quized about the hear-say he offered a little detail, intrigue and obvious love for a certain ex-canada captain. "As an association we have just acheived the ultimate goal in hockey, why change a winning formula? But sure, there are guys on other teams we would like to aquire and you need to give up talent in order to receive it. Nobody is irreplacible, except maybe Captain Michael Peca, he is the heart and soul of this franchise and so long as he is physically able to get out on the ice, he will remain our Captain until the day he retires... Higgins? Yeah the kid has some heart, He hangs around Mike, Marty and Kyle a lot so he has his head screwed on straight. Captain material? For sure, some may say he is being groomed to take over from "Cap" when that dreaded day comes. However hockey is a business and if we can improve our team without sacrificing to much in the future, common sense would tell me to pull the trigger."

Aight, lets see some old time hockey!!!

Otto Roy

Default101

note: the Coyotes may very well be intrested in a deal if it didn't involve a defenseman :P

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Feeling the cap, are we Matt? You could always put him on waivers... ;-)

Nah. I'm a good 4 million or so below the cap. Just in mid-negotiations with a couple of teams and trying to drive up the price if I do move him. :yo: I'm even in the position to even out the salaries in both directions or even take some on if the deal is right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad