Is Henrik the real deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
rnyquist said:
Ya he's having outstanding success with the Swedish club at the WC but can he translate his dominance into NHL stardom???

He hasn't really been tested yet in the tournament, and looked a bit shaky against Russia when he was.. But overall i've been pretty impressed with him, he deffinetly has the potentional to play in the NHL. It's really premature to say he will be a star, he could develop into anything from a decent back-up to a starter.Time will tell.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
rnyquist,
Like TK79 said that is not an easy question to answer. What is sure however is the fact that he is pretty much as skilled as a goalie can get. But we all know that there are more aspects to consider, some which we will not see until he moves over the pond.

I do think he has the basics though. He is very strong mentally, he has a great winning instinct. As a goalie he has pretty good size, is excellent at going out a bit and making him self look big - covering up the angles.
He is almost impossible to beat down low, if you are going to beat him it is up high.. even though I'd still say he is quite capable there as well. Lundqvist is also very agile, moves quickly from side to side and has quick reflexes. Another strength of his is the fact that he leaves very little rebounds, especially compared to the other talented Swedish goalie - Stefan Liv.

Furthermore he is decent with the stick/puck, something I imagine Fredrik Norrena helped him with when he played for Lundqvist's team last season. Still could use some improvement in this area though.
In this tournament he has pretty much been Sweden's best player.. well in almost each game. He looked slightly nervous/shaky in one game or two, but still made the big saves and he has yet to allow more than 2 goals in a game (despite facing teams like Russia, Finland, Slovakia, USA).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad