Is Hedman overrated?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I was shocked to see the thread title and then saw who the op was. No longer shocked. Hedman is a beast. It could be argued that he is best all around D in the league.

I'll say this as a Lightning fan, he has his days where you have no idea what world he is in but I think there is way more time where he is just brilliant and is such a freak out there. Watching him skate is a privilege for Lightning fans. Kucherov and Hedman were the biggest reasons why TB almost made the playoffs at the end of the year.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I was shocked to see the thread title and then saw who the op was. No longer shocked. Hedman is a beast. It could be argued that he is best all around D in the league.

I'll say this as a Lightning fan, he has his days where you have no idea what world he is in but I think there is way more time where he is just brilliant and is such a freak out there. Watching him skate is a privilege for Lightning fans. Kucherov and Hedman were the biggest reasons why TB almost made the playoffs at the end of the year.

Is there a way we can keep him on a leash or something?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Oh I know hedman is a beast. I just saw some people calling him one of the most overrated players in the league on discord.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

I fully agree with this post, I just wanted to get some non-Bolts fan opinions.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't think so. He is not overrated or underrated. He gets the praise he deserves as he has continually improved since his rookie season.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Not sure how good he is defensively, but offensively he's definitely very potent.
It'll be interesting to see if he can maintain 70+ points.

One of these is not like the others:laugh:
Correctly not using the apostrophe in leafs fans?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I looked at the thread title and immediately knew who it was

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Scroll up bud. People are pretty much doing it in this thread. It's hard for Karlsson sycophants to admit that he's not perfect in every way, so you gotta read between the lines. If the topic even comes up they start twitching like the 7 minute abs guy.

I7GvA2.gif

By people do you mean the one guy that said Karlsson is better in almost every single way? Because just about everyone else agrees that Hedman > Karlsson defensively, however Karlsson > Hedmen overall

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Karlsson fans underrate him.

He is better defensively than Karlsson, imho.

Maybe some of them but that's a pretty sweeping statement.

This Karlsson fan thinks Hedman is a top-3 defender in the NHL and will remain in the top 5 or so (all players have their minor annual ups-and-downs in the rankings) for at least the next five years.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Can you stop making stupid threads? Text and words.

Oh I know hedman is a beast. I just saw some people calling him one of the most overrated players in the league on discord.

Who cares? Can you make an actual hockey thread instead of settling a pissing match between idiots.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think he's properly rated and it's awesome we can have a discussion about the guy and no one really dislikes him. Guess you have to win a Norris first for that ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->