Is Hedman overrated?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not really he is a stud ,there are about 10 or so defenders that can be considered norris calibre.And he is one of them

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Maybe a bit. But he does look cool. He'd make a cool addition to Vikings.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Very overrated,

just like when Leafs fan ask about Matthews,

Oiler's fans about McDavid,

Senator's fans about Karlsson,

Jacket's fans about Werenski.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Depends on who you ask. I think he can be a little overrated defensively, especially by those who think hes a better overall defenseman than Karlsson because of it. He's been inconsistent at times in his career. I also don't think people should expect 70 point seasons going forward. He's still in the discussion for 2nd best defenseman in the game though

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Not sure how good he is defensively, but offensively he's definitely very potent.
It'll be interesting to see if he can maintain 70+ points.

Very overrated,

just like when Leafs fan ask about Matthews,

Oiler's fans about McDavid,

Senator's fans about Karlsson,

Jacket's fans about Werenski.

One of these is not like the others:laugh:

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
When fans claim that he is the best defenceman in the NHL, then yes, he is overrated.

#65 is *clearly* superior in almost every way.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Karlsson fans underrate him.

He is better defensively than Karlsson, imho.

I've never seen even Karlsson homers say Karlsson is ebtter defensively. The most they said is Karlsson had a better defensive 2016-2017 but overall Hedman is better defensively, which has a lot of validity, even if it's still debatable and arguable overall.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes. He has yet to fly over buildings in a single bound, make permanent peace in the Middle East, or make Raisin Biscuits available in stateside Tim Hortons.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm a massive Karlsson fan and I've been high on Hedman since he was drafted.

Could win a Norris in the right season.

I'd say that's fairly rated.

I suspect the OP has some sort of sulking agenda with this thread though.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No... But he could realistically have had his best season, too. Unlikely, but possible.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I've never seen even Karlsson homers say Karlsson is ebtter defensively. The most they said is Karlsson had a better defensive 2016-2017 but overall Hedman is better defensively, which has a lot of validity, even if it's still debatable and arguable overall.

Scroll up bud. People are pretty much doing it in this thread. It's hard for Karlsson sycophants to admit that he's not perfect in every way, so you gotta read between the lines. If the topic even comes up they start twitching like the 7 minute abs guy.

I7GvA2.gif

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'm a massive Karlsson fan and I've been high on Hedman since he was drafted.

Could win a Norris in the right season.

I'd say that's fairly rated.

I suspect the OP has some sort of sulking agenda with this thread though.

no, I just saw some of my bros on discord say that hedman is at most the 3rd best dman in the league and isn't like a top 15 player

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
no, I just saw some of my bros on discord say that hedman is at most the 3rd best dman in the league and isn't like a top 15 player

I think there are a handful of people who can have the best season as a defenceman in the league.

But that's different than a ranking of defencemen overall.

There are a lot of variables that factor into whether the season ranking corresponds with the overall ranking.

One thing I'll say about Hedman is that there aren't too many people out there who outright dislike him.

So enjoy that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad