Is Hainsey worth trading for?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Being a Sens fan we have a very bad, but young d core. Karlsson does so much which is great but after him we pretty much have plugs.

Curious to know at 34 does he still have game left in the tank? Would he be a good 2nd pairing LD paired with a young player with poise but a little inexperienced?

Seeing as Carolina is going younger would you guys be down for trading him?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
These guys will say no, I think he'd mesh well with Ceci personally. He'd know he could focus purely on the defensive side of the game and let Ceci be the guy to lug the puck up ice.

Can't remember what his contract length is tho.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
These guys will say no, I think he'd mesh well with Ceci personally. He'd know he could focus purely on the defensive side of the game and let Ceci be the guy to lug the puck up ice.

Can't remember what his contract length is tho.
This is exactly what I was getting at. A vet to play with Ceci who can move the puck. He has 2 seasons at 2.8 cap and has a salary that goes down to 2.5 next season.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
This is exactly what I was getting at. A vet to play with Ceci who can move the puck. He has 2 seasons at 2.8 cap and has a salary that goes down to 2.5 next season.

I should tell you I haven't watched nearly the number of Canes games I usually do, so I could be out of touch re. Hainsey.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC

If he looks this ****** next to a phenomenal player like Faulk, I don't think he'll be better "focusing purely on defense" next to Ceci. He is bad.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
He is bad in the sense he goes brain dead for 1 or 2 plays a game. Outside of that, he plays a pretty sound game. Problem is, those 1 or 2 plays often times lead to gimme goals.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
If he looks this ****** next to a phenomenal player like Faulk, I don't think he'll be better "focusing purely on defense" next to Ceci. He is bad.

Hainsey was okay last year on the 2nd pair. And would probably be decent in a bottom pair. He's just outmatched playing against the best players in the league every night.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I still have a soft spot for him after he signed here despite being public enemy no 1 after the lockout.

that said

whatchu willing to pony up for hand grenade?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He's solid. What will you give us?

I still have a soft spot for him after he signed here despite being public enemy no 1 after the lockout.

that said

whatchu willing to pony up for hand grenade?

He is going on 35 so I would say

Chiasson + 4th?

or

Greening + 2nd?

Sens would have to move some money out in the deal because of our budget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad