Is Gostisbehere a Norris contender at the end of this season?

Ghost a Norris contender this season?

• Yes

Votes: 49 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 185 67.0%
  • Borderline

Votes: 42 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I don't know how you watch Ghost and don't notice the "moves". He has a patented Iversonesque crossover move he uses at least once a game and still make my jaw drop every time he does it, because it's usually right on the blue line with a defender in his face.

Also,

syasasa.gif

ghost-dive-3.gif

Don't think very many people in the league have better/more "moves."

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I do like how the Stars powerplay is run, more than the Flyers. And Klingberg does look flashier skating laterally along the blue-line. But I haven't watched many Flyers games this season

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He's a beast offensively. I think he has the potential to score 70 tbh but no Pietrangelo and Karlsson are leading

nov 11 2017

on pace for 70.5 points but missing those 4 games will bite

still dunno how Provorov's defensive presence was more valuable than a 50+ point dmen

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Should be in conversation. On pace for nearly 70 points and shutting down top pairs with Provorov with no problems.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
nov 11 2017

on pace for 70.5 points but missing those 4 games will bite

still dunno how Provorov's defensive presence was more valuable than a 50+ point dmen

Provy is great, but Ghost is definitely our best defenseman right now.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Provy is great, but Ghost is definitely our best defenseman right now.

that's what I'm saying but a year ago a lot of flyers fans were saying Ghost was trade-able with Sanheim Myers etc in the pool and Provorov is a much better all around player

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
that's what I'm saying but a year ago a lot of flyers fans were saying Ghost was trade-able with Sanheim Myers etc in the pool and Provorov is a much better all around player

I think people were saying Provorov was a better all around player, but I don't think a lot of Flyers fans were trying to trade Ghost.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Provorov was the better player last year and Ghost flipped the switch this year. And pairing them together has been fantastic.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Some real up-to-date takes in these Flyers threads huh?

It's incredible. Most of the threads aren't even started by Flyers fans, but they aren't really that controversial in nature: the team is tied for first in a division after being in last 3 months ago, and they have a defenseman and forward in the top 3 of points for their positions. It's not out of the question that they could be considered for awards.

And then people just come in with the wild wrong info as a reason to shoot that notion down or respond "lol." Like, for the most part we're all just like "Yeah it's possible" or "Maybe" or "We're playing well but our team has serious flaws."

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
It's incredible. Most of the threads aren't even started by Flyers fans, but they aren't really that controversial in nature: the team is tied for first in a division after being in last 3 months ago, and they have a defenseman and forward in the top 3 of points for their positions. It's not out of the question that they could be considered for awards.

And then people just come in with the wild wrong info as a reason to shoot that notion down or respond "lol." Like, for the most part we're all just like "Yeah it's possible" or "Maybe" or "We're playing well but our team has serious flaws."
Yeah seriously, A guy is top 2 in points and someone ask if you're on drugs for thinking he could get a Hart nomination.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Obviously not this season.

If he can sustain his play since being paired with Provorov next year, then he'll be up there. Since he's been in the league he's been anchored with MacDonald or Hagg. Now that he's with a partner that can also move the puck out of the zone, he's really been showing what he can do.

Only Reilly Smith and Malkin have more points league wide than Ghost in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad