Is Gilbert Brule a power forward ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH Wizard

I don’t think , He’s a power forward because He isn’t using his size to dominate the game.He’s more using his speed to pass the d’s.If He’ll be able to add some inches to his height , I think He’d be able to become one.This guy has awesome skills.I saw him twice this year.He isn’t stopping to create chances and He’s making a lot of flashy moves too.He’s already physical at such a young age.He has the character to become a future captain though.

CH Wizard

monster_bertuzzi said:
It's pretty hard to be a 5'11 powerforward...

thegreatone said:
If He’ll be able to add some inches to his height , I think He’d be able to become one.

anyways ....

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Reilly311 said:
A power forward does not have to be 6'5. :speechles

But it sure helps the intimidating factor thwn the big is 6'3" or 6'4" and can throw his body around then when he is 1/2 foot shorter.

AG9NK35DT8*

thegreatone said:
I don’t think , He’s a power forward because He isn’t using his size to dominate the game.He’s more using his speed to pass the d’s.If He’ll be able to add some inches to his height , I think He’d be able to become one.This guy has awesome skills.I saw him twice this year.He isn’t stopping to create chances and He’s making a lot of flashy moves too.He’s already physical at such a young age.He has the character to become a future captain though.
If you dont think he is a pwerfwd then why ask? Any way 5'11" pwer Fwd, I dont think so.

AG9NK35DT8*

Reilly311 said:
A power forward does not have to be 6'5. :speechles
no but not 5'10" or 5'11" whatever he is.Power fwds have sixe and can score and be a fctor physically which Brule does not have.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule plays against fellow children. Playing against grown men and trying to be physically imposing at 5'11 - they will just laugh at you.

They don't laugh at Darcy Tucker who is 5'11. Or at someone like Jordin Tootoo.

Brule hits hard and won't back down from anyone it seems like. He is a good phyiscal force. Not the TOP, but pretty damn good.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Reveille said:
They don't laugh at Darcy Tucker who is 5'11. Or at someone like Jordin Tootoo.

Brule hits hard and won't back down from anyone it seems like. He is a good phyiscal force. Not the TOP, but pretty damn good.

Tucker is a pest, not an imposing PF. Theres no chance Brule plays in the NHL as a pest, he's too skilled.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
monster_bertuzzi said:
Tucker is a pest, not an imposing PF. Theres no chance Brule plays in the NHL as a pest, he's too skilled.

I hate Tucker, but he still puts up 40-50 points as a pesty player.

I really don't know under what role Brule would even MAKE the NHL other then a physical center.

CH Wizard

AG9NK35DT8 said:
If you dont think he is a pwerfwd then why ask? Any way 5'11" pwer Fwd, I dont think so.

Maybe other persons think He's.

Steve Latin*

thegreatone said:

From what I've read, he jumps out as a Mike Peca-type. I don't see Peca as a powerforward.

S L

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Brules maximum upside is Jeremy Roenick. A skilled, gritty center with a wicked shot. Roenick isn't a power forward, but throws some huge hits.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
What the hell is a powerforward? Until someone can give me a universal definition that is widely agreed upon, there is little hope in defining a player like Brule.

Is Brendan Morrow a powerforward? Brule and Morrow have similar heights (and probably full-grown weights). They also both have a lot of jam and skill. But powerforward? I don't know... and neither do you.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
Brules maximum upside is Jeremy Roenick. A skilled, gritty center with a wicked shot. Roenick isn't a power forward, but throws some huge hits.

Maximum? His maximum is a top 5 material player like a Yzerman or a Sakic. Roenick is more likely what he will become, and a Morrow type player is the minimum.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
mazmin said:
What the hell is a powerforward? Until someone can give me a universal definition that is widely agreed upon, there is little hope in defining a player like Brule.

Is Brendan Morrow a powerforward? Brule and Morrow have similar heights (and probably full-grown weights). They also both have a lot of jam and skill. But powerforward? I don't know... and neither do you.

I'd say Brule has more offensive potnetial than Morrow... but the othe.r side of the game is very similar

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
monster_bertuzzi said:
Maximum? His maximum is a top 5 material player like a Yzerman or a Sakic. Roenick is more likely what he will become, and a Morrow type player is the minimum.

So you'll be disappointed if Gilbert isn't a 10 time all-star with nearly 500 goals, nearly 1200 points, and nearly 1500 PIMs before the end of his career?

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad