Is Fleury-Subban the best goalie tandem in the NHL?

Is Fleury-Subban the best goalie tandem in the NHL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Subban is a fringe NHLer, so he drags this thing way down for me...
Aren't you one of the guys who use to rate the prospects for this site? Subban is new but he's not fringe. His potential is allstar or at very least good starter

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Aren't you one of the guys who use to rate the prospects for this site? Subban is new but he's not fringe. His potential is allstar or at very least good starter

Subban is very athletic.

He is not big and doesn't play angles great.

Right now he is totally a fringe NHLer. But, you can't teach his athletic ability.

Michael Farkas

Grace Personified
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.HockeyProspect.com
Why? What specific attributes make you believe that.

I look at his glove mechanics and how they've been since he was in the O, and I can't imagine this guy makes pension...he's only in the league right now because they added another team for him...that's not always great haha...

Terrific athlete, not a great goalie...the holes in his technique are just easy to beat at this level...you can't have pucks go through you and by your glove at the rate that they do and still hack it in this thing for a long time...he's been through a lot of goalie coaches and the results are always pretty similar from a technical perspective...it's just not based on a strong enough foundation to be palatable for me...if he starts 150 games in the NHL I'll be really surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad