Is Finland doing the same mistake the swedes usually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneDoan

May 5, 2005
Borlag said:
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Finland is fighting for medals in this tournament, just look at their track record from the last 10 years or so. The only surprise so far has been Canada not playing to their standards, as for the other wins Finland has taken, 2 wins against easy opponents and only one against a top7 opponent; Czech, who played a rather poor game also.

Thankfully Finns has proved their potential in last 10 years, but these games seemed to be very hard cos some Pitkanen, T. Ruutu and couple goaltenders refused to play this tournament cos injuries and so on...

But now it seems to be ok and some Niittymäki has been very good!!!

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
oil slick said:
It won't hurt Finland IMO - it's just that these games are largely irrelevant.

Who would you rather play: Slovakia, Russia, Sweden or the USA? I think most people would agree the USA is the weakest of the four so winning the group does have some use. Mind you, I'm not saying the USA is bad or they don't have a good chance of winning Finland, it's just that the other teams scare me more.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Random Oracle said:
Who would you rather play: Slovakia, Russia, Sweden or the USA? I think most people would agree the USA is the weakest of the four so winning the group does have some use. Mind you, I'm not saying the USA is bad or they don't have a good chance of winning Finland, it's just that the other teams scare me more.

Honestly of those four... I'm not sure I'd care too much. I think they're all very good. Maybe I'd want to avoid Russia (although I think their defense is a little weak) or Sweden if Foppa is playing, but I think all four have strong teams that could beat anyone.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
oil slick said:
Honestly of those four... I'm not sure I'd care too much. I think they're all very good. Maybe I'd want to avoid Russia (although I think their defense is a little weak) or Sweden if Foppa is playing, but I think all four have strong teams that could beat anyone.
... or that we somehow can push Kronwall, Hedström and Norström into the Swedish team? They have been confirmed to arrive in Torino as the taxi squad. Someone will probably replace Hävelid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad