Blue Jays Discussion: Thank you, Gibby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
The 2018 Eastern League belonged to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. The club opened with an indomitable lineup that included the league’s top two prospects—third baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and shortstop Bo Bichette—as well as the league’s eventual home run and batting champions in second baseman Cavan Biggio and outfielder Harold Ramirez.

That fearsome offense backed up an excellent pitching staff that included righthanders T.J. Zeuch, who finished second on the circuit with a 3.08 ERA, and Jordan Romano, who started the league’s all-star game.
Prospects don’t always translate to wins in the minor leagues, but they certainly did for the Fisher Cats. The club earned a wild-card bid to the playoffs, then swept its way through Trenton and Akron to claim the championship.

Eastern League Top 20 Prospects

Shout out to the overrated Jays farm system, and the rest of Double-A for letting them win (without the #1 prospect in baseball) because of Shapiro bribery and black magic, etc.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Zeuch was really close. Jansen too low IMO.

I don't think TJ was all that close. He wasn't even ranked among the top-20 prospects in the Eastern League. Not enough swing and miss to be ranked in the top-100, apparently.

Doesn't mean he's not a quality prospect. Probably ends up being one of those guys who's not super-highly heralded until he makes an impact in the Big Leagues. (like a Clevinger or Hendricks)

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He’s going to end up back in the Bullpen

I remember going through this stuff with Al Leiter for 4 years before he permanently sorted it out. In Florida and New York unfortunately...

The simple solution is toughening up the skin. I think that happens naturally as you age but there must be a way to force it through chemical stress. Look at the hands of mechanics, carpenters and other people who work with their hands. Do you think these dudes would get a blister from gripping a baseball?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I remember going through this stuff with Al Leiter for 4 years before he permanently sorted it out. In Florida and New York unfortunately...

The simple solution is toughening up the skin. I think that happens naturally as you age but there must be a way to force it through chemical stress. Look at the hands of mechanics, carpenters and other people who work with their hands. Do you think these dudes would get a blister from gripping a baseball?

I don’t believe it’s a blister problem. They’re talking surgery on the finger, which I assume, he hurt in the suitcase accident.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I don't think TJ was all that close. He wasn't even ranked among the top-20 prospects in the Eastern League. Not enough swing and miss to be ranked in the top-100, apparently.

Doesn't mean he's not a quality prospect. Probably ends up being one of those guys who's not super-highly heralded until he makes an impact in the Big Leagues. (like a Clevinger or Hendricks)

I got it from here

Close could mean something else and not related to the top 100.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I got it from here

Can someone explain this to me? The scouts wanted to see him get more strikes against? Is that a different way of saying they want to see him get the bat off his shoulder?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Jansen should have been top-25.

SRF and Pardinho could easily have been top-100.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Can someone explain this to me? The scouts wanted to see him get more strikes against? Is that a different way of saying they want to see him get the bat off his shoulder?

zeuch is a pitcher.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I got it from here

The "close" Norris was referring to in his chat was the top-20 prospects for the EL. Understandable misunderstanding.

As an aside, its quite interesting that the guys that have the highest likelihood of being the cornerstones of the future rotation (Borucki, Zeuch) are not considered blue chip guys. While Pearson and Pardinho, and to a lesser extent SRF (who was a top-100 guy in '16) are super high variance for different reasons.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
A peace bond can be issued by a criminal court judge or a Justice of the Peace. A peace bond is usually issued when the Crown Prosecutor is convinced that a strong case does not exist against the accused. A person does not plead guilty when they enter into a peace bond. Thus, there is no finding of guilt or conviction registered if a person agrees to sign a peace bond. One of the reasons why a person may agree to enter into a peace bond is to avoid a criminal trial, and ultimately the possibility of being convicted in a court of law of the offence for which they were charged. Being convicted in a court of law would entail receiving a criminal record.

Welp...at least the court of public opinion found him guilty.

We'll always have Paris.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
One of the reports on Twitter said his ex girlfriend refuses to come to Canada from Mexico to testify against Osuna. Without her testimony there was no hope of conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad