Is Erik Johnson reminding anyone like a young Pronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
bigd said:
He is definetly a great prospect but I have not seen the nasty, physical side at all and I have watched him a lot. Some of the other D-men on the U18 team are much more physical.

Since you've actually seen him what do you think of his skating and overall mobility? Considering his size and the way the NHL is playing now it's a fairly important part of a draftee's value.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
b-mad said:
Since you've actually seen him what do you think of his skating and overall mobility? Considering his size and the way the NHL is playing now it's a fairly important part of a draftee's value.
For as big as he is he moves and skates very well. He already has an NHL shot. I think he has more upside than Jack Johnson because of his size. He is not as intimidating as Jack Johnson. I think he could through his weight around a little more. All the D-men on the U18 team should be ranked for next years draft. It's the best group they have ever had.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
bigd said:
For as big as he is he moves and skates very well. He already has an NHL shot. I think he has more upside than Jack Johnson because of his size. He is not as intimidating as Jack Johnson. I think he could through his weight around a little more. All the D-men on the U18 team should be ranked for next years draft. It's the best group they have ever had.
Who are the other D-men on the U18 team this year?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
kruezer said:
Who are the other D-men on the U18 team this year?
Brian Strait- Captain
Chris Summers-Alternate Captain
Kevin Montgomery
Nigel Williams
Jamie Mcbain
Trent Palm
Mike Ratchuk

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
How's the playing time being split among the d-men on the U18 team? Is there enough for all of the guys to properly develop and get a good amount of exposure?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
cagney said:
How's the playing time being split among the d-men on the U18 team? Is there enough for all of the guys to properly develop and get a good amount of exposure?
I,m sure if you asked them they would all say that they would like more playing time. I think each player is played to his strengths. Johnson is probably the best all around d-man. Montgomery, Ratchuk, and Williams have the best offensive skills. Strait, Summers, Mcbain, and Palm are strong on defense. Depending on the score of the game and the amount of penalties determines playing times of each.

cnyhockey

Nov 28, 2004
Proud Pop

bigd said:
I,m sure if you asked them they would all say that they would like more playing time. I think each player is played to his strengths. Johnson is probably the best all around d-man. Montgomery, Ratchuk, and Williams have the best offensive skills. Strait, Summers, Mcbain, and Palm are strong on defense. Depending on the score of the game and the amount of penalties determines playing times of each.

Always nice to see a proud father posted up his kids name as the cap'n. still your boy is fine prospect although you could cut down on the posts about him.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
cnyhockey said:
Always nice to see a proud father posted up his kids name as the cap'n. still your boy is fine prospect although you could cut down on the posts about him.

Huh!? Now me and bigd may have had a few tussels from time to time but one thing that I will say emphatically is that he has never promoted his son in any way shape or form (his son doesn't need any type of promotion from anyone, his on ice play is his best promotion)

The fact is that Strait is indeed the captain and what is wrong with listing that when answering a question about the U-18 team D???

Bigd is a valuable resource on this board and I hope he continues to post about the NTDP!

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
VOB said:
Huh!? Now me and bigd may have had a few tussels from time to time but one thing that I will say emphatically is that he has never promoted his son in any way shape or form (his son doesn't need any type of promotion from anyone, his on ice play is his best promotion)

The fact is that Strait is indeed the captain and what is wrong with listing that when answering a question about the U-18 team D???

Bigd is a valuable resource on this board and I hope he continues to post about the NTDP!
I am proud as hell of all the boys on the U18 team. They are a very talanted group of kids that get along very well. They may or may not match what last years team accomplished but they will still be considered a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad