Is Eric Staal an Olympian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

I don't think he'll get picked,his production is just too sudden for such a young guy who has'nt been battle tested in international competition with even the world junior competition on his resume and Canada is stocked at the pivot position.They are gonna take more veteran guys and would most likely go with Spezza to work with Heatley if they are to bring one real young guy at centre.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Yeah to me he'll be teh Joe Thornton of this years Olympics. A guy who is piling up points but doesnt get picked. Its not his fault, nor is it Gretzky's. 2/3 of the team is set in stone. There's no way he bumps off Lemieux, Sakic, Thornton, Richards, Lecavalier, Iginla, Heatley, Gagne, St. Louis. That's nine right there. So there are four spots up for grabs. This is who fights for them. Bertuzzi, Smyth, Spezza, Crosby, Doan, Draper, Peca, Nash. It'll be tough on him. I love his skating so that might help him but give it another month and we'll have a better idea.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Big Phil said:
Yeah to me he'll be teh Joe Thornton of this years Olympics. A guy who is piling up points but doesnt get picked. Its not his fault, nor is it Gretzky's. 2/3 of the team is set in stone. There's no way he bumps off Lemieux, Sakic, Thornton, Richards, Lecavalier, Iginla, Heatley, Gagne, St. Louis. That's nine right there. So there are four spots up for grabs. This is who fights for them. Bertuzzi, Smyth, Spezza, Crosby, Doan, Draper, Peca, Nash. It'll be tough on him. I love his skating so that might help him but give it another month and we'll have a better idea.

I agree. There's room for only 1 more center behind Sakic, Thornton and Lecavalier - I see that going to either a more defensive minded player or Spezza.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Big Phil said:

Its kinda sad that Peca, Doan and Draper are still being considered for this team, they've done nothing all year.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
therealdeal said:
Its kinda sad that Peca, Doan and Draper are still being considered for this team, they've done nothing all year.

Especially Draper, who has only 3 points in 20 games and is a - in +/-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad