Is Eddie Lack our next Cory Schneider?

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Let's hope he can get his mojo back. He was progressing just fine prior to his injury.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Not surprising that kids today don't want to play goal. No one wants to be in a Schneider situation.

For some reason I don't think these situations are what go through kids' heads when they're weighing whether to don the pads or skate out. ;)

As for the guy who takes the reigns from Lou, I think it depends on when we start to see his numbers tank. He's still probably starting material for two or three years, at which time the buy out conversation will start up again. I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of Lack, Cannatta, or Eriksson will be the next #1 in net. For the foreseeable future, it's Lou's job to lose now.

...Assuming he even shows up to training camp. :sarcasm:

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Most Moose fans would argue that Lack is a more complete goalie than Schneider. You guys should know how I feel about the guy.

My only concern is if this hip surgery which was followed by a hip injury, will infect his response time and flexibility. Whether or not he is more stiff/sore.. these are all things that worry me.

Pre hip injury, I would say without a question he has the potential to be better than both Lou and Schneids. Post hip injury, your guess is as good as mine. After all, the strength of his goaltending is in his legs and hips. He is damn near unbeatable down low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->