Is Eddie Lack A top 10 Goaltender Prospect?

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
The Ahl just named Lack the goaltender of the month of December. He's 6th in stats in the ahl with a 1.98 GAA and a .930 Save percentage.

Is he considered amongst the top prospective goaltenders?

This kid just came out of the blue, he was Jacob Markstrom's backup in the Sel.
A future No 1 starter?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
i doubt it, but he's mighty close. he's a darkhorse. very impressed with how he has played. he seems to have adapted to NA quicker than markstrom has. I do believe he can be another Lindback.

Scottrockztheworld*

Depends on how hard he works. He has the size 6'5, 194. He has the speed and reflexes too.

In the young stars tournament & pre season he looked very good.

HemskyToHall*

I don't think he can become a #1 goalie behind Scheneider and Luongo if that's what you're asking.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The thing about lack is that he had his coming out party in the canucks rookie vs rookie camp.

He made some insane saves, with caught the eye of coaches.

He then continues to play well, and earned himself the starting job in the AHL.

And he has been lights out for the moose this year.

Darkhorse starter in the nhl in the future.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
i doubt it, but he's mighty close. he's a darkhorse. very impressed with how he has played. he seems to have adapted to NA quicker than markstrom has. I do believe he can be another Lindback.
He's not really a dark horse if you watched him play for the Canucks in the rookie tournament and the pre-season for the Canucks. I think he has great potential.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
The future of Swedish goaltending is looking brighter than it ever did. I believe we kind of copied the Finnish blueprint.

If you forget the dots over the a and write Lack instead of Läck his name becomes pissed off in Swedish ;). Eddie Angry. Sounds pretty neat.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
The future of Swedish goaltending is looking brighter than it ever did. I believe we kind of copied the Finnish blueprint.

If you forget the dots over the a and write Lack instead of Läck his name becomes pissed off in Swedish ;). Eddie Angry. Sounds pretty neat.

Yea well what does his name mean with the dots? ;)

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Läck is swedish for leak. Let's hope he doesn't play up to his name.:sarcasm:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I've been VERY impressed with Lack. I wish I could see more of him as he was amazing in preseason action. I could see us moving Schneider sometime next season and calling Lack up as the back-up.

MCI Center

Jul 28, 2009
Probably not, at least yet, though I'm not exactly sure which goalies are really considered prospects anymore.

Probably more around the 15-20 range. Just not enough of a track record of success to put him above more the likes of Markstrom, Campbell, Lehner, Bernier, Pickard, Allen, Holtby, Poulin, Enroth, Jones, etc. Maybe more alongside Eriksson, Hackett, Tokarski, Rynnas, Irving.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
can u name me them? nice to follow good prospects

Jake Allen currently has a .950 save percentage while Martin Jones is at .948. They both have 1.60 GAA.

Kevin Poulin was a 5th rounder in 2008 by the Islanders. Had a solid year in juniors last season and has a 2.13 GAA and .931 save percentage. Recently was called up. By comparison, the more heralded Mikko Koskinen (31st overall in 2009 by NYI) has 3.33 GAA and .886 save percentage in a similar amount of starts.

Jussi Rynnas is putting up decent stats in his first year in North America as well.

Son of Krypton

The "dots" are properly referred to as an "umlaut."
Not in Swedish, though.
The dots are part of the actual letter in Swedish, and Ä is treated as an independent letter of the alphabet, completely separate from A.
So you can't really call the dots an umlaut, or even trema or diaeresis, as they are not a diacritic marks.
Same thing with the letters Å and Ö.

They might have started out as umlauts a long time ago, but they are umlauts no more. ;)

If we were talking about Ü, I might agree with you. Those dots could be considered an umlaut even in Swedish.
Ü is not considered a letter of the Swedish alphabet (even though it is fairly common in Swedish names and loan words), and neither are Ë, à and Ÿ for that matter.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is not out of the blue....i could never understand why NHl clubs let him go undrafted-- I had wanted my Blackhawks to draft him and said so numerous times on this and other when he was draft eligible..Kudos to Van for signing him as a free agent.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA

Lack has so many similarities to Lindback. Stature, both coming from the same Swedish league, both coming over at the same time.
For Lack, unfortunately, Vancouver was not looking to fill their backup position and he also has Cory Schneider to beat out. Lindback came in for a try out with Nashville expecting ( my guess ) to play in Milwaukee and stole the position. He has turned out to be a great back up to Pekka.
Lack is going to have a longer road, but will get there eventually

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Not in Swedish, though.
The dots are part of the actual letter in Swedish, and Ä is treated as an independent letter of the alphabet, completely separate from A.
So you can't really call the dots an umlaut, or even trema or diaeresis, as they are not a diacritic marks.
Same thing with the letters Å and Ö.

They might have started out as umlauts a long time ago, but they are umlauts no more. ;)

If we were talking about Ü, I might agree with you. Those dots could be considered an umlaut even in Swedish.
Ü is not considered a letter of the Swedish alphabet (even though it is fairly common in Swedish names and loan words), and neither are Ë, à and Ÿ for that matter.

Ah, I see... I've noticed that Ä is separated from A in alphabetical lists of Swedish names (such as on swehockey dot se), and always windered why that was. Thanks for setting me straight on why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->