Is Drew Doughty's play in this series hurting his next contract?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Some GM would give him a contract that they will regret for a long time.

No they won't. Doughty was one of the best defenseman in the league this year. Doughty is the same age as Chara was when he was a UFA who signed in Boston but way better than Chara was at the same age.

Kings lacked depth.

No team will regret getting Doughty for 7 years if he leaves LA. It would guarantee long playoff runs to the team that gets him provided they are already half decent to begin with.

Doughty if you are reading this, sign with the Leafs please. Lol.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lol at anyone questioning Drew F'n Doughty. Elite player.....

He's one of the precious few reasons we even had a shot, but the boxscore watchers won't see that.

For the series he was 57% CF, which was nearly 11% relative to team. No other LA d-man--not even his partners--came close. Next closest was Dion at 50%.

Relative zone start ratio of nearly -10%, worst on the Kings, being hard matched against the top lines of other teams.

Yet dude completely tilted the ice and shut down the competition when he was on. We definitely needed more scoring from our top guys, and you can include Doughty in that crowd, but to pretend he's the reason we lost when he did as much creation from the back end as he could given the minutes he got is rough. Look at the flow of the game in G2 when he was missing vs. the other games. It's not an accident.

Fair to criticize him like anyone else for lack of offense in this series, but there are about 10 forwards I'd rip before Drew, given he was mostly on an island by himself on the back end. Fair to say we wanted more from him offensively given the powerplays. To suggest this hurt his future contract? Get real. If anything, real GMs saw the Kings with him on and off the ice, and realized he will be worth every penny.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
He's one of the precious few reasons we even had a shot, but the boxscore watchers won't see that.

For the series he was 57% CF, which was nearly 11% relative to team. No other LA d-man--not even his partners--came close. Next closest was Dion at 50%.

Relative zone start ratio of nearly -10%, worst on the Kings, being hard matched against the top lines of other teams.

Yet dude completely tilted the ice and shut down the competition when he was on. We definitely needed more scoring from our top guys, and you can include Doughty in that crowd, but to pretend he's the reason we lost when he did as much creation from the back end as he could given the minutes he got is rough. Look at the flow of the game in G2 when he was missing vs. the other games. It's not an accident.

Fair to criticize him like anyone else for lack of offense in this series, but there are about 10 forwards I'd rip before Drew, given he was mostly on an island by himself on the back end. Fair to say we wanted more from him offensively given the powerplays. To suggest this hurt his future contract? Get real. If anything, real GMs saw the Kings with him on and off the ice, and realized he will be worth every penny.
Well said. The Kings are one of the teams I love to watch during the season when I can and the playoffs vs Vegas and he's way better then most players in the league with everything he brings and his value couldn't be higher regardless of the 4-0 loss.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
No they won't. Doughty was one of the best defenseman in the league this year. Doughty is the same age as Chara was when he was a UFA who signed in Boston but way better than Chara was at the same age.

Kings lacked depth.

No team will regret getting Doughty for 7 years if he leaves LA. It would guarantee long playoff runs to the team that gets him provided they are already half decent to begin with.

Doughty if you are reading this, sign with the Leafs please. Lol.

As a Sens fan, I whole heartedly endorse this. Sign him up for $12.5M a year for 7 years. Triple dare you Lou Lam.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Rights to Bozak, our 4th and some Babcock DNA strands to ensure that everyone can have perfect hairlines in their 50s (sorry Drew).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
He and Karlsson wait it out, sign in Nashville for decent money ($5 million for 2 or 3 seasons), become their third pairing and win a few Cups then move on to their next team. This is also taking in to account Tavares signing this offseason for the same money and Nashville building a mini-dynasty. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
A extremly overrated player, maybe top 10ish d-men. But i still do not think 3-4 games shall change much. He is still a elite d-men, but a very overrated one, but that has very little to do with these games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->