Is Drew Doughty's play in this series hurting his next contract?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yes, 2 games is what will determine how much he gets on his next contract.

Even a cynic like me think 2 games are a little small sample size, but don't be surprised about how much the cliche "you are never better than your last game" fits for the experts around this league...

Reactions: PuckSeparator

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Have you ever paid attention to NHL gms? Doughty could be 3 years removed from being great and some dumdum would still park a truck full of cash on his front lawn

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Drew has been our best defenseman ainec. OP is lying.
Guess that explains the series score.

Blown coverage on GWG. Cheapshot to get suspended. Taunting his opponent to make sure they are fully engaged and don't let up even with a 3-0 lead...

Or is it his zero points in the series so far that has been so dominating?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Blown coverage on GWG. Cheapshot to get suspended. Taunting his opponent to make sure they are fully engaged and don't let up even with a 3-0 lead...

no bias here, that's for sure!

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Drew has been quite poor vs the Knights and has been a large reason the Kings are on the verge of being swept.

Will it hurt him come contract time?

Nah, did you see him stop that two on one? He is a jedi. He tapped his stick on the ice an literally willed the forward to put it on his stick.

Now, if you wanna talk about poor. Brown and Carter need to learn how to score a goal. That being said, it is brown after all.....

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
no bias here, that's for sure!

Yeah bit of a reach by the OP. When my team has scored 3 goals in three games....I don't spend much time analyzing defense.

Not to be rude, but I don't think either team would survive SJ. I think we can both find happiness in what is happening to the ducks :)

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah bit of a reach by the OP. When my team has scored 3 goals in three games....I don't spend much time analyzing defense.

Not to be rude, but I don't think either team would survive SJ. I think we can both find happiness in what is happening to the ducks :)

Yep, 60% CF in game 1 when no other dman over 35%. Multiple one man breakouts. Beautiful pass to Toffoli who finishes that play 99/100 times in stevens words. Breaks out a 2-on-1 and turns it quickly into a 3-on-2 after making a move around the 3rd man. Guy can't do much more than take it end to end and score himself multiple times.

Yes, I wish he played the GWG "Better" even though there were 2-3 guys at fault before him in the Kings system. The suspension was clearly arguable especially given how many simiilar and other plays haven't even been reviewed. The taunting came after Marchessault tried to pitchfork his head off--I'd rather the dude play with emotion on the edge but to each his own I guess.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Most teams would make room for Doughty even at 11-12M. He’s a franchise changer.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
As the last three games have clearly shown, Doughty is barely a passable bottom pairing defenseman on a fringe playoff team. He should sign with the Leafs. He'd fit in perfectly with our playoff choker Matthews.

Reactions: Pi

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yep, 60% CF in game 1 when no other dman over 35%. Multiple one man breakouts. Beautiful pass to Toffoli who finishes that play 99/100 times in stevens words. Breaks out a 2-on-1 and turns it quickly into a 3-on-2 after making a move around the 3rd man. Guy can't do much more than take it end to end and score himself multiple times.

Yes, I wish he played the GWG "Better" even though there were 2-3 guys at fault before him in the Kings system. The suspension was clearly arguable especially given how many simiilar and other plays haven't even been reviewed. The taunting came after Marchessault tried to pitchfork his head off--I'd rather the dude play with emotion on the edge but to each his own I guess.
Why no advance stats for game 3?

Looks like someone else is letting bias get in the way...

47% SAT 3rd best on the Kings D.

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

It happens.
That was a BS call.
Welcome to the playoffs.

You might want to look at all the other zero points on the roster. Stop nitpicking.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Obviously he's not elevating, or the Kings would be up 3-0. If he was more like Toews, and took them to the Cup this year, he would have a chance at big money in the next contract.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why no advance stats for game 3?

Looks like someone else is letting bias get in the way...

47% SAT 3rd best on the Kings D.

...the guys in front of him got 90% offensive zone starts. They literally got one defensive zone faceoff, lol. Doughty got the shutdown minutes. Do the math.

5 more minutes than anyone else, 4:10 of SH time with no goals against (next closest had 2:48...and that's his partner).

When you're building your case around ignorance, it's probably tough to see the positive.

Last edited:

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
So overrated. Most overrated player in hockey. A top pairing dman though....so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Truly DOMINANT performance by Doughty. One for the ages really...

Erik Karlsson carried that pylon Phaneuf to a within a goal of a Stanley Cup final.

Doughty couldn’t do the same. :sarcasm:

On a serious note, I think you should be praising Vegas as opposed to knocking Doughty. I would’ve liked him to control the power play more but when you have Flower playing the way he was it’s hard to do that.

You can visibly see Kopitar and Quick trying to drag this team into the next round kicking and screaming.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Doughty only has 1 point in his last 8 playoff games. He choked, again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->