Is Drew Doughty's play in this series hurting his next contract?

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Drew has been quite poor vs the Knights and has been a large reason the Kings are on the verge of being swept.

Will it hurt him come contract time?

Man I hope so, the Kings need to sign him at a discount ;)

Seriously he is who he is. A great defensemen who is an absolute arrogant A-hole. But the man is one of the best players in the world

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
No. If he wins the cup next year, people will forget all about this.
Will next year's playoffs not be after Doughty is likely to sign his new contract?
He is eligible to start talking to the Kings July 1st.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I don't think Doughty's play has been poor. The problem is with Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick, the Kings are a mile wide and an inch deep.
The problem is not with Quick. It’d be nice if he saved that one on Neal last night, but he has been outstanding otherwise.

As for this thread question: NO :facepalm:

Reactions: SenzZen

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Will next year's playoffs not be after Doughty is likely to sign his new contract?
Yes it is, but if the kings are using this years playoffs as a reason for him to take less money, then he definitely won't re-sign then.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

Doughty had a great season, he might win a Norris, unfortunately he is gonna get paid.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Not a chance. The whole league knows what he is capable of already. There will be a bidding war if Doughty goes to UFA.

Reactions: Aerrol

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Literally zero effect. He's coming off a season where he'll either finish 1/2 in the Norris race and already has a great playoff rep.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The problem is not with Quick. It’d be nice if he saved that one on Neal last night, but he has been outstanding otherwise.

As for this thread question: NO :facepalm:
My point is after Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick the Kings have very little depth outside of Carter.

Reactions: TychoFan

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Probably not. Regardless of this series Doughty's among the league's best defensemen, he'll get a good contract either from LA or another team.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
By "this series" you mean "one play" or "two plays" depending on how much you want to blame Doughty for the goal (literally Toby's guy, even if he could have read it better) or how personally you took the taunting.

He was marvelous in game 1 and in most of game 3.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Not in the slightest.

His play has hurt his team in game 2, and to a lesser extent in game 3- but that will have no effect on the huge payday he has coming.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Absolutely. A 4 game series in one year will completely erase a decade of stellar Norris play (including this past 82 game season).

He'll be lucky to get a 2 year / $3mil contract.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
My point is after Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick the Kings have very little depth outside of Carter.
Ahhh my bad, I should’ve read your post closer...now I see what you were saying about a mile wide/inch deep.

Reactions: KINGS17

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
Drew has been quite poor vs the Knights and has been a large reason the Kings are on the verge of being swept.

Will it hurt him come contract time?
You have no idea what you are talking about. If he was injured, I would guess that would hurt his next contract too? Right?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think he has a strong chance of being a Norris finalist this year. So.... yeah.... no....

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
No, Doughty will get paid handsomely.
L.A will lock him up for 8 more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad