Is Don Cherry Still Relevant?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Just idly curious. When he was let go (I can’t even remember what it was over now), I thought he might end up biting Sportsnet in the arse a bit by hanging around on another channel, staying relevant, taking pot shots at his old network etc., but other than hearing about a podcast of some sorts, he seems to have completely disappeared from the hockey world.

Am I wrong on this? Is he still relevant, is he still shaping opinion somewhere, or is he really just off the scene now?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I dont think hes been relevant for sometime. He probably needed to retire 5-10 years before he got fired. That being said, I dont like the way society is these days where people are even afraid to talk (its not good). Whether you like him or not, hes a canadian icon. I would of liked to see him leave on better terms than he did.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He hasn't been relevant for 20 years. When he first came on the scene he was refreshing, because he actually had an opinion, and didn't care who he offended, in contrast to the company men in the media at the time. Then he fell in love with himself, and became a caricature.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad