Is Crosby still number 1?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
So do I...then last year he made a lazy turnover, sat back and his team lost b/c of it.

Remember the Ovechkin controller disconnected gif?

If perfection is your bar for Crosby, he's had as good of a career as we Pens fans have hoped for. Seriously man, dude won the Conn Smythe 2/3 years and you're focused on one play specifically.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A Capitals fan taking shots at Crosby for 1 bad play in the playoffs, when his team was a perennial loser for 40 years before this year, is hilarious. Why don't we talk about Ovechkin's disappearing act in game 7 in 2017?

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
A Capitals fan taking shots at Crosby for 1 bad play in the playoffs, when his team was a perennial loser for 40 years before this year, is hilarious. Why don't we talk about Ovechkin's disappearing act in game 7 in 2017?
I'm not "taking shots"..the Caps shi*t the bed for 40 years until last year...now we are the Champs. We took down Pitt on our way and Crosby's bad play was the dagger for Pitt losing. Just stating facts. Watch the play and then give me your analysis.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Anyone have the patience to go through all of my old posts where I continuously say Tavares is a top 5 player every year since he came into the NHL? He is proving it now with actual talent around him. Zero reason he shouldnt be in the dynasty conversation with Crosby, Malkin, Toews, and Kane if the Isles gave him anything to work with.

I know. I wonder what JT could have done last year had he had, say, a 40 goal scoring winger? Perhaps a 70+ point playmaker on the other side? Maybe add in an 85 point 2C underneath him to take some pressure off? He could have hit 100 easy...

Reactions: Pip

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
You can debate all you like but there isn't a single player in the NHL I would take over him for a playoff run. At worst, he's #2.

That said, there's a lot of dumb in this thread and I expect quite a bit more.

Did Matthews die?
No, but you'd think that by his last disappearing act in the playoffs. Let's wait until Matthews does something, literally anything, before we say he's better than Sid. The guy has accomplished jack-all in his career, outside of a 5 game hotstreak to start the season, and now he's being compared with a top 5 player of all time? Give me a break...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mez and Darkwinter

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
I think Crosby is definitely feeling the affects of getting older. This is his 14th NHL season already which really makes me feel even older because I remember watching all those hockey specials about a 15 year old kid who was the next Gretzky.

I think skillwise he has of course lost the title, but I still dont think there is a better pure hockey IQ in the game right now, and if the fate of the world rested in a hockey series (ala Space Jam), Crosby would be my first pick.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
A lot of people saying that they'd take Crosby for one game or a big series like his 1 OT playoff goal and paltry Finals' #s are legendary or something.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ahh yes, Matthews who has never hit 70 pts is better than
McDavid and Crosby. :laugh:
It's cool that Matthews will have an elite talent on his PP unit to help pad those stats like Crosby and Malkin had with each other for all those years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad