Is Cooper the best coach in the League?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
No, I think the GM deserves more credit than Cooper, although Cooper is a good coach (not the best).

Let's see how they do next year when they have to be cap compliant.

I don't really think this year is that big of an accomplishment, to be honest.

"It was within the rules" - doesn't mean it was an even playing field.

"Let's see you sit your best player and make the playoffs" - Kucherov being on LTIR paid for your entire 3rd line, it isn't like his cap was still on the books.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No, I think the GM deserves more credit than Cooper, although Cooper is a good coach (not the best).

"Let's see you sit your best player and make the playoffs" - Kucherov being on LTIR paid for your entire 3rd line, it isn't like his cap was still on the books.

They will find a way they always do, literally ALWAYS

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Trade a 1st to Seattle to take Johnson - trade killorn - trade for Ryan Kesler - three peat? probably

Reactions: vanarchy

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Trade a 1st to Seattle to take Johnson - trade killorn - trade for Ryan Kesler - three peat? probably

What is Tampa going to be giving up for Kesler if they're trying to bury LTIRcap? I'm not sure Bob is gonna be doing them any favors, unless the Samuelies are on his back to get rid of the 6.5m

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Hard to tell because of how insane that Tampa roster is but he is definitely one of the best. I personally think Trotz is number one with Cooper somewhere in the top 5.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007

They were cap compliant last year no? And they won a cup.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Nope, but he's really good.
I remember deployment complaints a few years ago; like all coaches he kept running a gritty player or two out there in critical issues.
Once Yzerman took the player away, the coach improved. I think Trotz is better at getting blood from a stone, however.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
He seems to be pretty top notch but he is also working with the best roster of the past decade.

the consensus was that Babcock was an amazing coach based on his wins with a red wing team with a load of hall of famers, and then team Canada. He wasn’t so hot with more challenging roster situations in the latter years at Detroit then Toronto.

gotta go with trotz based on recent impacts he’s made on 2 teams

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
I like Trotz by a bit, but Cooper can be sometimes underrated due to the perceived player quality he works with.

What I am impressed by the most, is how hard working and selfless Tampa players are, up and down the lineup, regardless of the talent level. Trotz teams have similar MO.

Reactions: NatoGhost

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
What is Tampa going to be giving up for Kesler if they're trying to bury LTIRcap? I'm not sure Bob is gonna be doing them any favors, unless the Samuelies are on his back to get rid of the 6.5m

Literally anything. Anaheim has no cap issues so Kesler is just a balance sheet item to them. Getting anything in return at all is a win and not taking something of value over keeping a negative value liability because of spite would be foolish. I don't think there would be a ton of haggling here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad