Is Colorado really that far off from being Edmonton?

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Colorado is not even remotely close to the Oilers. The Oil have been rebuilding for 7 years, and it has gone nowhere. It's at a point where the players look like they are going through the motions. At least the Avs made the playoffs and did remarkably well last year. The whole Oilers organization is in shambles.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Colorado needs some puck moving dmen in the worst way. For an offensive team they are extremely important, and provide a backbone that makes everyone on the team better. They constantly put the rest of your team in positions to succeed.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
Avs aren't anywhere close to the Oilers. They have a new management team still learning the ropes with a core of players all under 26 and all have a high compete level and desire to win. You can see the actual frustration. Oilers players (other than Fasth) look like they're going through the motions to get a paycheck.

yeah but is it really new? and have they actually made the team any better? because to me there kinda developing a old boys club

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Precisely. People love having something to hate and talk **** on, as well as being able to dub themselves experts and say "I told you so" and "I predicted that...".

Boy it must suck having people degrade your team. As an Oiler fan, I hope that never happens to us, sounds awful.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Well, they both have the Old Boys Club runnin thangs

Most NHL executives are ex players. Unfortunately for Edmonton, theirs think that stanley cups won as a player is key to running a successful team.

The Avs have definitely had a depressing half decade, but that happens to all teams during a rebuild. They aren't anywhere near Edmonton level. Edmonton is probably the most pathetic team in professional sports right now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, they both have the Old Boys Club runnin thangs
The difference there being that Edmonton's old boys club has proven over several years their inability to do the job, whereas Colorado's is just getting started (and so still has a chance at success). :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad