Is Cohen a Nerd?

chump06

Hey Guys,

You will all probably think i'm a nerd, but i have been into trading cards since i was little (so really only about 10-12 years) and since i started this HF thing, i have really gotten into hockey cards. I just wanted to know if any of you fellas are also somewhat passionate about them and wouldn't mind checking out my smallish collection (although my mike peca stash is building up, just ask josh and dion :naughty:)

It's really hard to find anyone to trade with in australia and you guys are really the only hockey people i know, so if anyone is interested send me an email at [email protected] and i'll take some pics of my cards and we can have a good ol' time...

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I have a bunch of them from the early-to-mid 90's when I was a kid and a collector. Some nice rookie cards of Selänne, Kariya, Forsberg, Fedorov, Tkachuk, etc. I was trying to find out if they are worth anything these days, and well, I was sad to see that I won't get rich by selling them all..

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I have a bunch of them from the early-to-mid 90's when I was a kid and a collector. Some nice rookie cards of Selänne, Kariya, Forsberg, Fedorov, Tkachuk, etc. I was trying to find out if they are worth anything these days, and well, I was sad to see that I won't get rich by selling them all..

Yeah, same here... I have a lot of early 90's cards when I was a kid and used to collect them. I also have some nice older cards that I picked up in some card shops years ago -- Ray Bourque rookie, Patrick Roy rookie, Steve Yzerman rookie, Pat LaFontaine rookie, and a few other early Gretzky and Messier cards among others. My brother still owns a Wayne Gretzky rookie card, although it is the Topps version and not O-Pee-Chee.

chump06

wow! crazy! thats some awesome s*** i would love to get my hands on a Roy rc. I have a Kopitar autogragh rookie that i would be willing to trade to get something like that... Have you ever thought about getting those older cards graded? Its hard for me because i live in Oz, but you guys are right there and if the Gretzky, Yzerman and Roy cards are in half decent shap, i would thoroughly reccommend sending them to either beckett or PSA to get them slabbed. :teach:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Haven't done it since I was a little kid, but have some great rookie cards from '79-80, including Gretzky, Messier and Kurri and a few others in the early 80's, including Bourque. Stashed them away and haven't looked at them in a while. I know the Gretzky one is worth quite a bit.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
wow! crazy! thats some awesome s*** i would love to get my hands on a Roy rc. I have a Kopitar autogragh rookie that i would be willing to trade to get something like that... Have you ever thought about getting those older cards graded? Its hard for me because i live in Oz, but you guys are right there and if the Gretzky, Yzerman and Roy cards are in half decent shap, i would thoroughly reccommend sending them to either beckett or PSA to get them slabbed. :teach:

I used to subscribe to Beckett keep tabs on their value but I haven't priced them in years. They are all in pretty decent shape and are all protected by hard plastic cases... I'm happy enough just to still have them and not have lost them or had them thrown during my moves over the years.

How about Yutaka Fukufuji and Roy's rookie card for Luongo? ;)

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site

I have 5 or 6 Peter Forsberg rookie cards, what are they worth today?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Is Cohen a nerd?

Safe to say that's a big 10-4, pardner... :biglaugh:

... but then considering we are 30+ grown men sinking countless hours each year (I shudder ot think just how many) into - not even a sport, but a sport simulation - for which there are no cash prizes, I think it's safe to say you're in good company, Cohen! ;)

Martin, head on over to www.beckett.com to do some research on your specific cads, how they're rated and what value they may have.

Mine all got tossed by my Mum (whom I love dearly, despite her perfidy) when I switched bedrooms in the mid-80's. I couldn't even tell you any more what I'd had...

Default101

Is Cohen a nerd?

Safe to say that's a big 10-4, pardner... :biglaugh:

... but then considering we are 30+ grown men sinking countless hours each year (I shudder ot think just how many) into - not even a sport, but a sport simulation - for which there are no cash prizes, I think it's safe to say you're in good company, Cohen! ;)
lol :biglaugh: that was good, i will soon be in that class... i found myself getting into these a few years ago mainly because of my obsession with hockey, and every aspect of it, and fantasy hockey/simulation actually started up because i got injured in competitive hockey, and just couldn't get my fix by just watching it, which is personally why i like the 84-89 age group because me (and to a smaller extent my brother) have played with/against several of the prospects available, and i just find this aspect of it very fun, as i'm sure everyone else does, it's one thing to watch but it's a whole other story actually taking the players you watch and trying to assemble a team, and compete with others with your knowledge of the game. personally i work and go to college now, and i would go crazy if i couldn't relax, and there's really 2 things that seem to relax me and let me have some fun, one is going to one of the bars around here with friends, the other one would be fantasy hockey, i'm sure everyone has their story that is just mine :)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

That's funny that you mention that. For any of you whom have seen Knocked Up. There is a scene in the movie that perfectly sums it up.

Spoiler:
The one character's wife thinks that he is cheating on her, because he goes out on all these business calls at strange times. Turns out what he's really doing is sneaking off to play fantasy baseball.

For those that have seen the movie or just read the spoiler. As soon as that scene was over, my girlfriend looked at me and just shook her head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->