Is Claude Giroux a top 10 winger in the league?

Yes

• Total voters

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This guy has to be one the most underrated stars in the NHL. Such a smart and crafty player.

He's firmly in my top 10, but what does everyone think?

EDIT: Idk what's going on with the poll options.

Supposed to be 4:
Yes
No
Borderline Yes
Borderline No

I swear I'm not drunk...

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Well he's gotta be a center in the league atm in order to be considered a center he's primarily a winger now.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Results gonna be skewed with people voting "no" because he's not a center anymore. I'd say he's top 10 among left wings. It's debatable if he'd be top 10 among centers. Worth noting he's been one of the best faceoff guys in the league for awhile and still takes a ton as a winger.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Well 78, 67 and 58 are his point totals for last 3 seasons he's played at center. Hardly a top 10, seeing as he was not a dominant 2 way beast or anything like that.
His last year and this year he's 100% on Couturiers wing. So I don't think we should rank him as a center at all.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Results gonna be skewed with people voting "no" because he's not a center anymore. I'd say he's top 10 among left wings. It's debatable if he'd be top 10 among centers. Worth noting he's been one of the best faceoff guys in the league for awhile and still takes a ton as a winger.
Undoubtedly top 10 if he was a center. #1 LW

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Well 78, 67 and 58 are his point totals for last 3 seasons he's played at center. Hardly a top 10, seeing as he was not a dominant 2 way beast or anything like that.
His last year and this year he's 100% on Couturiers wing. So I don't think we should rank him as a center at all.
Very cute cherry picking

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
he hasn't played center in years, but top 10 LW for sure, maybe top 5.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
If he was centre I would say no.

In no particular order:
McDavid
MacKinnon
Crosby
Kuznetsov
Matthew's
Tavares
Bergeron
Point
Malkin
Backstrom

Sure I missed someone, but this is before including some young guys that look like they could be better right away. I would have Giroux near Stamkos and Seguin

On the fence with Kopitar, hart finalist to not very good. But LA in general is bad

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Very cute cherry picking
Is it? At one point he was undoubtedly top 10 C in the league. But his lasr 3 years at the position were clear decline. Not sure what I cherry picked. If for three years you decline from 70s to 60s and then to 50s you can hardly be considered top 10 or would you?

He's a top 10 LW now, but that's another question.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
He's actually a LW/C. He still plays center. At 3v3, 4v4, PK, & PP, he's a center.

Even when he's a LW at 5v5, he still plays a lot of center, i.e., in the offensive zone he's usually doing the things a center does, in the defensive zone he almost exclusively plays LW, and in the neutral zone he switches off C & LW situationally. Look at both of Couturier's goals yesterday. Giroux's clearly playing center & Couts is clearly the LW on both of them.

Reactions: Sasso09

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think we only need another 17 posts in here saying the exact same thing the first 17 posts said. Maybe more.

I’ll add some more useful info.

He’s not a C.

Ok, 16 more times...

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think we only need another 17 posts in here saying the exact same thing the first 17 posts said. Maybe more.

I’ll add some more useful info.

He’s not a C.

Ok, 16 more times...

You forgot to add that he’s a winger. Lw to be exact.

Okay whoes next? T-15

Reactions: koyvoo

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
The first thought I had in my head was “oh no, it’s the same mistake as the hockey guy “

The hockey guy is still getting messages about Giroux being a winger that he even jokes now about him being a defensemen.

Lol

THG,s defense was well he still took tons of faceoffs and his most of his career he was center before this.

To answer, I think he’s playing like one but would I rank him one of the top ten, probably not but close.

He was absolutely elite a few years back then had a couple of quiet years before bouncing back.

Reactions: wetcoast

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Something doesn't add up in this poll. 3 people picked borderline no, while only 2 people picked borderline no. Something's up. Must be because Giroux isn't a center(got to keep the streak going)

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Hall
Ovi
Kucherov
Pasta
Rantanen
Marner
Marchand
Kane
Wheeler
Giroux

I have him in the top 10 (no order to the above)

HM: Panarin, Benn, Kessel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->