On The Halfboards
all these things about cherepanov are stupid
its some idiot scout who thinks all russians are doomed and have no work ethic
well i can tell u anyone who breaks pavel bures record has to have some ethic

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
I dont where youre reading that from, but its so completeley false its humorous. Cherepanov breaks the rookie record for goals, something that is absolutely amazing, people dont realize how amazing that is. Cherepanov is the best player in this draft, dunno how someone gets he has a bad work ethic, inconsistent, and not a team player. He is the exact opposite of all those.

It seems these boards hear something and they believe everything they hear. Cherepanov has a bad work ethic, not a team player. Esposito has a bad attitude, what a joke. Not one of these statements are anywhere near true. Esposito has never had a bad attitude, the reason he has fallen somewhat is his willingness to compete and go in the corners, and give it his all. Its not his attitude, dont know where people get that from.

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
just a stat to throw out there

in zherdevs draft year at the WJC he had: 6gp 0g 1a 1p 2pim

cherepanov on the otherhand had: 6gp 5g 3a 8p 2pim

cherepanov gets no respect at all.. the guy beat pavel bures rookie goal scoring record in the russian super leauge which is simply amazing.. im sorry but kyle turris probably wouldnt get 3 goals in the RSL

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
just a stat to throw out there

in zherdevs draft year at the WJC he had: 6gp 0g 1a 1p 2pim

cherepanov on the otherhand had: 6gp 5g 3a 8p 2pim

cherepanov gets no respect at all.. the guy beat pavel bures rookie goal scoring record in the russian super leauge which is simply amazing.. im sorry but kyle turris probably wouldnt get 3 goals in the RSL

Yah I agree with you on Cherepanov, but what you said about is just plain dumb. Have u ever seen Turris play in an actual game? Turris can dangle, he has the quickest shot in the draft, he preeeeety sure hed get some goals in the RSL, and some beauty ones at that.

Avy*

Yah I agree with you on Cherepanov, but what you said about is just plain dumb. Have u ever seen Turris play in an actual game? Turris can dangle, he has the quickest shot in the draft, he preeeeety sure hed get some goals in the RSL, and some beauty ones at that.

Cherepanov has one of the quickest and accurate wrist/backhand i ever seen.

GSK*

Zherdev is actually Ukrainian btw, and I haven't seen many Ukrainians turn into true superstars... He has the talent, but lacks the work ethic, and for Antropov, well he just lacks both. :yo:

True, but actually there is one Ukranians who turned into a superstar. Peter Bondra.

Multiple 30-40 and 50 goals seasons and the memorable lockout in 1994-95 when he finishes with 34 goals and only 9 assists in 47 games.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry, everything is right with the Columbus franchise and I coulnd't be farther from the truth when saying Nash and Brule haven't been as good as they can be. In fact, Fedorov is not a disapointed, at all, he's an awesome leader and well underpaid. Take off the idiot glasses please, some people have a different take on things then you do.

If you re-read the post you replied to there was never any mention of Federov being underpaid. In fact he mentions the fact the CBJ took on an awful contract in hopes of providing guideance to Zherdev.

As for Nash, Brule or any other player ruined by Columbus I don't think idiot glasses are in play here. Ruined would imply they are no longer NHL worthy. Brule as a rookie was not ready for the NHL and was very up and down. Hitchcock has gone on record to say that nearly half of the team was out of shape and essentially fingered Brule (among others) specifically. Nash's stats are a poor judge of his performance. He's a leader and as the team improves you'll see him be one of the best in the NHL with a surrounding cast and coaching staff once again....this coming year.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
If he falls due to the lack of an agreement..

I will be one very happy CBJ fan. I like him on a wing with Z that Svitov centers...

That has the makings of an awesome 2nd line.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
True, but actually there is one Ukranians who turned into a superstar. Peter Bondra.

Multiple 30-40 and 50 goals seasons and the memorable lockout in 1994-95 when he finishes with 34 goals and only 9 assists in 47 games.

...except Bondra is ethnically Slovakian

OhioGuy

May 26, 2006
Sorry, everything is right with the Columbus franchise and I coulnd't be farther from the truth when saying Nash and Brule haven't been as good as they can be. In fact, Fedorov is not a disapointed, at all, he's an awesome leader and well underpaid. Take off the idiot glasses please, some people have a different take on things then you do.

Where exactly did I say everything was right with our franchise? I could sit here all day and tell you about all the mistakes we have made as far as player development goes. You didn't say Nash and Brule haven't been as good as they can be, you said that the franchise had "destroyed them"...which is absurd to say the least, as Nash is 22 and Brule is only 20.

I said 2 things about Fedorov. 1) We took on his horrible contract to help Zherdev and 2) He was one of the best players of the last 20 years. Nowhere did I say that he is currently the best player in the world, or even close.

I'll stick to my original statement...that you are basing your assertions on point totals rather than actually sitting down and watching a Blue Jackets game.

Don't put words in my mouth and don't start calling people names because you can't win an arguement.

OhioGuy

May 26, 2006
Sergei was one of the best all around players in the game. It's been a while since he's held that mantle though, and many have critisized him for his laziness and half-assed efforts over the past several years -- criticisms that popped up even before he left Detroit. It's been a long time since he's played to his potential, and I don't know that he's the best person to teach someone how to play the best they can on a nightly basis. In fact, these days I'd say quite the opposite.

Agreed on most points. Fedorov has not been his old self for quite some time. I don't think the Jackets brought him in simply to teach Zherdev how to be a good player on the ice, although that was a part of it. They brought him in because Zherdev was having trouble adjusting to the NA lifestyle off the ice, he didn't speak a word of english and he was having trouble communicating with his teamates (not to mention all the personal problems he was having). Think about it...is there anyone else who has adjusted better to the NA lifestyle after coming over from Russia than Fedorov? Fedorov is pretty much American now and I think the hope was that he could help Zherdev adjust to the NA lifestyle both on and off the ice. It was a good idea in theory, but it didn't work out.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
I don't know how anybody who has not seen him (or any other player for that matter) play for a period of time can compare him to anybody else.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"Is Cherepanov the nest Zherdev?"

Why? because they're both Russian?

Actually, Zherdev was born in present-day Ukrane, but my point was made

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->