Is Charlie Coyle A Top Ten US Center

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I'll have to pay attention to Larkin a lot more this season.
ya usally people do that b4 makin smart a## comments . neither of those guys can skate with larkin , with or without the puck . without he shadows anybody , selke level all 60 minutes / 82 games = gigantic motor with elite speed . closest thing to mcdavid out there . with puck he can haul it up ice with the best , and once in the zone hes a very good passer . while playing on a unit with the scrappy but not super offensive bertuzzi / the excellent shooting but under hustling mantha / then the young hronek whose coming on but not a 1st pairing guy yet / dekeyser blah / daley / kronwall/ericsson = not much help for him at all . he was a one man show last season . ands now entered the 30 goal range while playing on a trash team with no dmen able to feed him nice set ups .

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
ya usally people do that b4 makin smart a## comments . neither of those guys can skate with larkin , with or without the puck . without he shadows anybody , selke level all 60 minutes / 82 games = gigantic motor with elite speed . closest thing to mcdavid out there . with puck he can haul it up ice with the best , and once in the zone hes a very good passer . while playing on a unit with the scrappy but not super offensive bertuzzi / the excellent shooting but under hustling mantha / then the young hronek whose coming on but not a 1st pairing guy yet / dekeyser blah / daley / kronwall/ericsson = not much help for him at all . he was a one man show last season . ands now entered the 30 goal range while playing on a trash team with no dmen able to feed him nice set ups .

This is some kind of post.

Reactions: Raymoondo

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Saying Nelson isn’t a center is like saying Coyle is a left winger. Lead his team in faceoffs, doubled the faceoffs Coyle took this past season. Try again.

White and Dvorak are right around the same points that Coyle put up.

Hayes is better than Coyle. 4 of 5 seasons with 42 or more points. Coyle has only broken 40 points 2 of 6 seasons (disregarding 12-13 for shortened season).

This whole thread started because Coyle went on one of his hot streaks. OP completely disregards that Coyle only had 2+4 in the 21 regular season games (23pt 82 game pace). Hot streak meet cold streak.

I’ll take the greater sample size as an indicator instead of one hot streak that lead to a Cup Finals appearance. 500 games vs 24 games.

Coyle was the definition of big and shows flashes. The majority of the time he got away with disappearing because he was big and he was our only right winger.
Nelson had 50% more FO's last year than in any of the two preceding years, and 300% more than the year before that. Go on the NYI board and see how thrilled they are with him in general. He had his best year in a contract year...imagine that! Coyle is WAY more of a physical presence. If you got maddened by Coyle's disappearing act, wait till you get a load of Nelson's. I was praying the Wild wouldn't go after him in FA.

I don't agree that Hayes is better than Coyle, at all, but considering how he just got paid, he should be! Coyle at 3.2M is a bargain.

White and Dvorak are still babies, and playing on crap teams,. They might end up being better players than Coyle, they might not. To say that they definitively better shows an anti Coyle bias on your part.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Saying Nelson isn’t a center is like saying Coyle is a left winger. Lead his team in faceoffs, doubled the faceoffs Coyle took this past season. Try again.

White and Dvorak are right around the same points that Coyle put up.

Hayes is better than Coyle. 4 of 5 seasons with 42 or more points. Coyle has only broken 40 points 2 of 6 seasons (disregarding 12-13 for shortened season).

This whole thread started because Coyle went on one of his hot streaks. OP completely disregards that Coyle only had 2+4 in the 21 regular season games (23pt 82 game pace). Hot streak meet cold streak.

I’ll take the greater sample size as an indicator instead of one hot streak that lead to a Cup Finals appearance. 500 games vs 24 games.

Coyle was the definition of big and shows flashes. The majority of the time he got away with disappearing because he was big and he was our only right winger.

Hot streak meet cold streak..lol.

You think the fact that Coyle was traded to a team
and needed time to acclimate and had a revolving
door of linemates in those RS games had something
to do with the low ppg rate? I watched almost every game he played for Boston and one thing that stuck out even in those RS games was his puck possession ability.
Bruins fans were anazed how snakebitten he was given how good his PP was.

I'm from Boston and have watched Colin White
at the NCAA/NHL a lot. At the end of the 18-19
season White is no way better than Coyle, not a chance.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hot streak meet cold streak..lol.

You think the fact that Coyle was traded to a team
and needed time to acclimate and had a revolving
door of linemates in those RS games had something
to do with the low ppg rate? I watched almost every game he played for Boston and one thing that stuck out even in those RS games was his puck possession ability.
Bruins fans were anazed how snakebitten he was given how good his PP was.

I'm from Boston and have watched Colin White
at the NCAA/NHL a lot. At the end of the 18-19
season White is no way better than Coyle, not a chance.
I watched him play for 7 seasons. I know exactly who he is as a player. You've watched him for about half a season's worth of games. Yet, here you are trying to teach me who he is as a player.

Tell you what, give it one season in Boston. If he can score like he did in the playoffs all season long then you have a point of him being a top 10 American center. Don't be shocked if he goes back to being a 30-40 point player. If you're expecting anything near 60 points you'll most likely be disappointed. 50 points is a stretch. You might get that 40-45 range if he plays with some good players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->