Speculation: Is Calle Jarnkrok Finally living up to potential

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Since many of the current posters on this board weren’t Preds fans when we traded for him in 2014 , he was highly touted at one time at being a consistent 50-70pt producer.

If y’all remember he put up some decent numbers towards the end of the 2014 season.

since then he’s regressed offensively , until this season.

what do y’all think: flash in the pan or is he a legit 50-70 pt 2 way forward now ?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Until he puts up 50-70 pts in a season he's at best a 40 pt a season guy. I've been impressed with his play lately but 10 game stretches don't tell the full story of a player. Let's see what he does the rest of the year.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Since many of the current posters on this board weren’t Preds fans when we traded for him in 2014 , he was highly touted at one time at being a consistent 50-70pt producer.

If y’all remember he put up some decent numbers towards the end of the 2014 season.

what do y’all think: flash in the pan or is he a legit 50-70 pt 2 way forward now ?
What? I'm with Trigg, he was hoped to be a 40ish point guy that we picked up for an aging Legwand.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I guess I didn't pick up early enough on him with that high of an outlook. I remember consistent middle 6 guy as a goal. If he can find a way to get that shot off consistently then his points will follow.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.

Where do you get he regressed since 2014? Not sure you can gauge 12 games in 14. He had a career year even missing 14 games in 17 - 18.

Except for his horrible 14 - 15 he has been pretty much stable, mediocre but stable.

upload_2019-11-1_12-34-12.png

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If he settled in at 40+ going forward that would be amazing. 17-18 is the only year he played to that level though.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
His hype was inflated because of Wings fans expectations. Typical trade deadline emotions. That doesn't mean he isn't good though, and if he can hover around 40-45 points that's cool with me.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
He seems to be making more offensive minded decisions lately. Is it a confidence boost or just adapting to his role?

His TOI/GP is at career average, but there's a shift between his PP and PK time. And obviously his usage on top6. I know it's a small sample size, but that has translated into a pace of 190 SOG, which would be 56 more than his current career high or 41.8% increase

Attachments

• jarnkrok.PNG
    jarnkrok.PNG
    37.7 KB · Views: 2

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Jarnkrok is one of those players who does what he is told to do. Play on a shutdown line? Ok! Kill penalties? Ok! Play LW, RW, C? Ok! Sub on all 4 lines? Ok! He does all these things to the teams good but maybe his own detriment. But can he score and setup goals on a 1 or 2 line. He’ll try but it still remains to be seen.
One thought, you’d think with all the hockey minds in the Preds org, if he were a consistent goal scorer, top line player someone would have noticed before now.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Jarnkrok is one of those players who does what he is told to do. Play on a shutdown line? Ok! Kill penalties? Ok! Play LW, RW, C? Ok! Sub on all 4 lines? Ok! He does all these things to the teams good but maybe his own detriment. But can he score and setup goals on a 1 or 2 line. He’ll try but it still remains to be seen.
One thought, you’d think with all the hockey minds in the Preds org, if he were a consistent goal scorer, top line player someone would have noticed before now.
so basically David Legwand.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
so basically David Legwand.

Legwand could play a shutdown role one season then skate with Erat and Kariya as wingers the next. Only Tangue, Gagne and Gomez had clearly better numbers than he did for 1st round forwards available when he was selected. We can "what if" Legwand's career to death but he averaged just under .6 points per game as a Pred even while playing on those early Preds teams and getting assigned to some seriously defensive roles with guys like Smithson alongside him. There are much worse players to turn out like ... see Rico Fata.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Legwand could play a shutdown role one season then skate with Erat and Kariya as wingers the next. Only Tangue, Gagne and Gomez had clearly better numbers than he did for 1st round forwards available when he was selected. We can "what if" Legwand's career to death but he averaged just under .6 points per game as a Pred even while playing on those early Preds teams and getting assigned to some seriously defensive roles with guys like Smithson alongside him. There are much worse players to turn out like ... see Rico Fata.
Oh no, don't confuse my statement, Legwand was one of the most selfless players we've had. Total team player. One of my favorites of all time.

Jarnkrok, doesn't have Legwand's skill level but he's kind of placed into similar roles.

Reactions: OldFan

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Lets call him what he really is. A Swiss army knife. He can fill in for just about every position through out the line up and be serviceable. You won't hear a single coach say a bad thing about him because they know how valuable he really is to the team. What he isn't is a top 6 forward. Any season he breaks 30 points in the roles he plays year in and year out is a win. This is why we protected him last expansion draft. May not be flashy but his value to this team is high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->