Is Bettman right? Will fans come back?

GoCanes2013

May 7, 2009
Raleigh
I actually upgraded my seats. Had paid 60+% of a 42-Home-game season, got the 5% and add'l food credits as well. Ended up paying just a few hundred bucks more to move from North end zone last 8 rows to section 106. Totally worth it for this season since I had already paid so much in. Next season we'll see based on performance and affordability.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
I won't be buying any tickets this year, we'll see after that.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
We let our 3 cheap seats go for the full season. It isn't much, but it's about all the voice I had in the negotiations. I'll go to a few games this year, but I will be back to a level of financial support that I was years ago, going to a game or two a month. If I lived in Raleigh, I may feel different, but I have an hour drive to and from the games. I loved the cheap seats, because it allowed me to give a lot of tickets to family and friends in hopes of getting them interested. I never intended to go to all the games personally. I just don't feel as inclined to spend my money to build up the fanbase when the league likes to lock us out every so often.

I'll watch on TV mostly. If that's back, then I'm back.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
It's hard to quantify what was really lost. We get a shorter season, and had no hockey to watch for 4 months. But we still get a hockey season, and there will still be playoffs.

The upside, some extra free tickets, and we didn't have to pay for those stupid pre-season tickets at full price, and we get what will amount to 500 dollars towards tickets over the next two years. (5% interest, 10% discount, 5% discount)

I'd rather have just had a full season, but now that we know we'll get a season, it's not really that big a deal. It was the threat of no season that had me worried, and would have left me pissed.

Reactions: MinJaBen

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'd rather have just had a full season, but now that we know we'll get a season, it's not really that big a deal. It was the threat of no season that had me worried, and would have left me pissed.

Many a discussion did my wife and I have about what would have to happen to force us to drop our season tickets.

It was a combination of the interest, the future season discounts, and an end to the lockout that kept us off the ledge. If we had hit the drop dead date and the season was gone, I have my doubts if we would have survived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad