Is Bettman ok?

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
I don't like him cause of nhlers no longer going to Olympics which he is hugely to blame for and his constant denial of CTE.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
He’s been Great for nhl and the sport of hockey. Hope he’s ok, as you grow and mature you realize the booing is unwarranted

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I have noticed the shaking for a LONG time now. I'm thinking it's a gradual parkinson's. Some get it and start shaking a lot rather quickly but his seems like slow one.

TimIsRetired

Jun 22, 2019
The one thing he never understood was..step aside and let Gretzky present the cup to the Kings, Orr to the Bruins, Howe to the Wings, Hull to the Blackhawks etc..Not complicated but he couldn't grasp it.

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
People don't understand that works for the owners, he doesn't get a magic wand and call his own shots without their approval.

Reactions: smitty10

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Don’t think we should be making any assumptions on man’s health status.

When he passes away I think we will remember him more fondly than we do now. Bit like David Stern.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I like him, but the state of the on-ice product has been mostly piss poor throughout his tenure as commissioner.

Only within the last few seasons have we seen the game become more entertaining.

To have allowed goalie gear to balloon out the way it did to comical proportions is unacceptable. Dead-puck hockey did a lot of damage to this league.

There’s also the cancelled season and multiple lockouts.

But hopefully this isn’t a serious medical issue (people have commented on this for years) and he’s able to continue in his role, as overall I think he’s doing a fairly good job these days.

Agree with this but I still don't like him as he was never good for the game.

that being said I always wish good health upon everyone.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Is there a way to add videos directly from your phone? I took a video from the all Star game where it looked like he was a bobble head. We all thought Parkinsons.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
damn people are just wildly speculative about strangers' health on the internet huh

People are wildly speculative with their own health and their children’s health on the Internet, and they make real life health decisions based upon the Internet.

So yeah, strangers are fair game to boot.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Just watching some videos from the draft and his appearances. His tremors appear to be progressing. The tremor with his thumb and forefinger is a hallmark "pill-rolling" tremor associated with Parkinson's.

If his tremors are progressing to that degree from earlier this year, it makes me wonder how long he intends to remain in his current position. The challenges of 2020 may be delaying his departure. I wish him the best, whatever the issues he may be facing.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think he is just waiting for Seattle to come into NHL and negotiate the new US TV deal, than he will retire.

I never got why people boo him, he has done a great job, I like him.

I wish him (and everyone these days g good health but he has been the head of the NHL for 3 labor stoppages and he has this problem of never being wrong or admitting deficiencies in the NHL that are obvious to everyone else.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I don't like him cause of nhlers no longer going to Olympics which he is hugely to blame for and his constant denial of CTE.

NHL owners made that decision, he just represented them. IOC is also corrupt and wanted to screw the NHL out of money.

As it stands, there's zero reason why NHL players should be allowed to go to the Olympics. Direct your anger at the IOC which is the representation of greed

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I think he is just waiting for Seattle to come into NHL and negotiate the new US TV deal, than he will retire.

I never got why people boo him, he has done a great job, I like him.

He's embraced and acknowledged that it's all in good fun. Which I've always respected. Nothing rattles the guy.

Probably why people booed him without realizing that he's just the mouth piece for the NHL owners. It's not like he can wake up one day and call for a strike. It's up to the owners. They are the ones to blame.

Reactions: The Nuge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad