Is Bettman ok?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If you search up "Gary Bettman Parkinson's" on Twitter, there are results all the way from 2010 from people speculating that he has Parkinson's.

It's very possible.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If you search up "Gary Bettman Parkinson's" on Twitter, there are results all the way from 2010 from people speculating that he has Parkinson's.

It's very possible.

He has always have this shakings, in a small amount. I thought it was a part of him being very aggressive/authoritiery person.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I think he is just waiting for Seattle to come into NHL and negotiate the new US TV deal, than he will retire.

I never got why people boo him, he has done a great job, I like him.
Agreed. I can understand in Canada with what he did to Winnipeg and Quebec. But Winnipeg’s mistake has been repaired so there’s just Quebec now. Why people in Chicago, dallas or st-louis would boo him, I don’t really understand.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
I think he is just waiting for Seattle to come into NHL and negotiate the new US TV deal, than he will retire.

I never got why people boo him, he has done a great job, I like him.

I like him, but the state of the on-ice product has been mostly piss poor throughout his tenure as commissioner.

Only within the last few seasons have we seen the game become more entertaining.

To have allowed goalie gear to balloon out the way it did to comical proportions is unacceptable. Dead-puck hockey did a lot of damage to this league.

There’s also the cancelled season and multiple lockouts.

But hopefully this isn’t a serious medical issue (people have commented on this for years) and he’s able to continue in his role, as overall I think he’s doing a fairly good job these days.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
I like him, but the state of the on-ice product has been mostly piss poor throughout his tenure as commissioner.

Only within the last few seasons have we seen the game become more entertaining.

To have allowed goalie gear to balloon out the way it did to comical proportions is unacceptable. Dead-puck hockey did a lot of damage to this league.

There’s also the cancelled season and multiple lockouts.

But hopefully this isn’t a serious medical issue (people have commented on this for years) and he’s able to continue in his role, as overall I think he’s doing a fairly good job these days.

Mostly this.

For as much as he gets lauded for expanding the league, he also presided over 3 labor stoppages and 2 lengthy dead-puck eras, where the sport was almost unwatchable.

He has done some positive things for the league but his legacy shouldn't be all sunshine and rainbows.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He’s had weird muscle tremors for a couple decades now. If it’s Parkison’s, it is progressing fairly slowly. Even though it does look worse than 20 years ago, it certainly isn’t as noticeable as in someone like Michael J Fox.

Reactions: RedMenace

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Did anyone else see and hear this?

Guy is shaking like crazy and his voice is quite irregular and crackly.

I hope he's ok.

It's odd, but if you listen to him on NHLnet radio when he calls in, it's like a different person calling. You'd never know that on camera he has those issues.

Reactions: insomniac

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad