Speculation: Is Austin Watson someone we should look at?

Should we look to acquire Austin Watson?

• Yes, he fills a need on this team that we are currently lacking

• No, don't want none of his off ice issues on this team

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I am going on record, I think Dubas promotes Mason Marchment, at just the right time, before the playoffs. And I am his biggest fan.

We have our own grit.

Today, Jake Muzzin.

Soon to come, Mason Marchment.

Both can play.

Welcome to Toronto, we will kick your ass.

This Dubas guy. He got some style. He knows how to play poker.

don't hold your breath on that call-up, he needs to put some weight on, he spends a lot of time on his ass in the AHL

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
If this guy has an alcohol problem I'd be willing to take him on and hope he rehabilitates.

If he beat his wife he can go to hell and I'd never want him on our team.

I don't know any of his story or what's true or not, but watching him destroy our team that last game against NSH and nobody had the stones to get in his face, we could use a guy like that. Would be a huge upgrade over the goat

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Thats true, but at this point Watson hasnt shown hes ready for a 2nd chance

And I still dont want any part of him.

Substance abuse is one thing, what Watson did is something else entirely and something I want no part of.

Again Watson hasn’t even been convicted of anything. Im not saying he didn’t do it, but don’t go around accusing people of something horrible without reading the facts. They got into an arguement and his pushed his girlfriend. While I believe you should never put your hands on anyone, let alone a woman. People in the league have done far worse to their spouses.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
If this guy has an alcohol problem I'd be willing to take him on and hope he rehabilitates.

If he beat his wife he can go to hell and I'd never want him on our team.

I don't know any of his story or what's true or not, but watching him destroy our team that last game against NSH and nobody had the stones to get in his face, we could use a guy like that. Would be a huge upgrade over the goat

He didn’t beat his wife, he pushed her during an arguement at a gas station.

CDP

Nov 30, 2014
So a player gets arrested for domestic assault and goes into rehab within the span of a year and your first thought is "damn, my team should get in on this guy"

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Folks, this is a human being who is struggling with a lot of demons. There is more at stake than hockey here.

I hope this young man gets the help he needs to have his life back.

If leaving the game of hockey is what he needs to do to live a better life, then that’s what he needs to do.

I wish him well and hoping that he can get his life together.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Nashville dumping a dude for being a 'distraction', who is getting help for substance abuse is not a good look for them.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
why would someone make this thread, the player has issues going on, is it a kick him when he is down thread? this group ...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
No, plus, I doubt playing here would help alleviate his issues. It is a pretty high-stress environment. Hope the guy gets the help he needs, but I have no interest in him as an NHL asset at this point.

thegurujc

Jan 30, 2019
I want zero part of this guy

No thank-you

I also find it hard to believe Shanahan, Dubas, Babcock, and Bell/Rogers want anything to do with him. This organization has put a high value on character.

And thats beside the point hes suspended indefinitely.
I agree that they will want nothing to do with him. I wouldn't either. His suspension is indefinite meaning until he is cleared from his rehabilitation program. Hope the guy can get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad