Speculation: Is Austin Watson someone we should look at?

Should we look to acquire Austin Watson?

• Yes, he fills a need on this team that we are currently lacking

• No, don't want none of his off ice issues on this team

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Just suspended by the league and entered into the NHL's substance abuse program. It is a step in the right direction for him as a person with all the off ice issues plaguing him the past 7 months or so. He's a pretty good player that plays with a ton of grit and toughness, maybe he's someone Nashville is looking to move on from to prevent him from being a distraction and could be had for cheap.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Another physical player on the pills because of injuries here is it??? He is a smasher and likely always hurting.

I would pass altogether but not going to bad mouth him.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
I wouldn't be interested in him, not because of the off ice stuff. He's just not a player we need right now.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I want zero part of this guy

No thank-you

I also find it hard to believe Shanahan, Dubas, Babcock, and Bell/Rogers want anything to do with him. This organization has put a high value on character.

And thats beside the point hes suspended indefinitely.

they also put a high value on second chances (See Rich Clune).
this isn't to say that I want to get Watson or whatever, but i just find a lot of people seem to cite this (and I've been guilty of it myself) but - they do believe in giving a second chance if you show you won't waste it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
they also put a high value on second chances (See Rich Clune).
this isn't to say that I want to get Watson or whatever, but i just find a lot of people seem to cite this (and I've been guilty of it myself) but - they do believe in giving a second chance if you show you won't waste it.

Thats true, but at this point Watson hasnt shown hes ready for a 2nd chance

And I still dont want any part of him.

Substance abuse is one thing, what Watson did is something else entirely and something I want no part of.

Reactions: TML1967

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Thats true, but at this point Watson hasnt shown hes ready for a 2nd chance

And I still dont want any part of him.

Substance abuse is one thing, what Watson did is something else entirely and something I want no part of.

He's been in a fight damn near every game for a good stretch there. I suspect on top of the alcohol abuse he is dealing with depression. He'd hit and fight before but but not to this extent.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I'd rather look at someone like Honka or Jensen and instead build up our LW depth.

At the same time, we do have someone like Clune in the organization that can help guide Watson.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I am going on record, I think Dubas promotes Mason Marchment, at just the right time, before the playoffs. And I am his biggest fan.

We have our own grit.

Today, Jake Muzzin.

Soon to come, Mason Marchment.

Both can play.

Welcome to Toronto, we will kick your ass.

This Dubas guy. He got some style. He knows how to play poker.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So the Nashville Predators don't want a distraction, but we can use one? Sounds like this guy needs to sort out his life, not be rewarded by being a Toronto Maple Leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad