Sportsnet Is Atlantic playoff race already over?

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Better be in pencil. The only guarantee right now is that Tampa will make the playoffs.
The optimist in me thinks 1st in the division isn't out of reach but...
Toronto doesn't look all that good. Out-score their problems but not sure that'll last and honestly think Florida can make it interesting.

Would be surprised if it happened but - you could still see Boston 1st and Tampa Bay and Florida 2 and 3 with T.O. on the outside looking in.
Or a lot of other scenarios. There's a lot of 4 point games coming up across the division so there's a good chance one or two teams take advantage of that a lot more than others.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
4 games left vs FLA
4 games left vs MTL

I'm confident we won't blow anything but you never know. Pretty sure we went 0-10 versus Ottawa and Toronto last year. As long as we don't pull that versus FLA and MTL this year we should be ok.

This is the biggest thing. Florida isn't awfully far behind and they've underachieved, but TB/Boston/Toronto are easily the best 3 teams in the conference. It's not over, but it is over for MTL/OTT/BUF/DET, imo.

I think we withstood the toughest portion of the season with all of our injuries, and we're trending up. Things can change but we look good. Toronto is a great team but they can and have faltered.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think Habs fans have at least a level of implied respect, much of that was earned during the 08-11 years. They hated you but they acknowledged that the Bruins players were good. Toronto fans just have to think that they have the best of the best at every position. Feels like Habs fans are more honest/smarter. They hate you but they arent imbeciles.

I really, really want to win a round against Toronto this year.

The Montreal tabloid was classy when the Bruins won the Cup, Toronto wasn't so classy when Chicago beat us. That says it all.

252407_2051304834950_1844767_n.jpg

998370_10200942429655691_1119559992_n.jpg

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I've said this before, but it still rings true:

I don't know what is worse, Habs fans coming in here telling us about the 24 Cups won before most of them were in diapers, or Leafs fans coming in here giddy that they have a chance of making the post-season for the second time in over a decade and the first time since the embarrassment that was 2013. It's like the choice between a tired old dog in here passing gas, or a bounding puppy peeing on our floor.

Reactions: Fenway

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
4 games left vs FLA
4 games left vs MTL

I'm confident we won't blow anything but you never know. Pretty sure we went 0-10 versus Ottawa and Toronto last year. As long as we don't pull that versus FLA and MTL this year we should be ok.

They really only need to split points with both of them to keep their distance.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I think Habs fans have at least a level of implied respect, much of that was earned during the 08-11 years. They hated you but they acknowledged that the Bruins players were good. Toronto fans just have to think that they have the best of the best at every position. Feels like Habs fans are more honest/smarter. They hate you but they arent imbeciles.

I really, really want to win a round against Toronto this year.

Couldn't agree more

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Fenway,
At least I kinda respect the Habs and their fans.
Toronto just takes it to that next level. Not sure how to say it - it's just very distinctive and drives me nuts.

My nephews, now in their 20s are Leaf fans, and they're great and I wouldn't mind the Leafs doing well, simply on their behalf as I'd be happy for them. - Imagine being in your 20s and never remembering your team actually winning a playoff series! But there's just too many - ? - in that fanbase.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Fenway,
At least I kinda respect the Habs and their fans.
Toronto just takes it to that next level. Not sure how to say it - it's just very distinctive and drives me nuts.

My nephews, now in their 20s are Leaf fans, and they're great and I wouldn't mind the Leafs doing well, simply on their behalf as I'd be happy for them. - Imagine being in your 20s and never remembering your team actually winning a playoff series! But there's just too many - ? - in that fanbase.
Mtl fans are by far the worst. They boo anthems, Carey Price etc. Just a pathetic bunch.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Way too early to call it. We still have 3 months and over half a season to go. I think the makeup of this team and the attitude from within is different, but I still remember the last two times we've missed the playoffs after looking like it would be a sure thing in March, let alone January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->