Is Artemi Panarin second best player in the NHL ?

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
It's McDavid and everyone else. MacKinnon is #2 in my mind. Panarin is right behind. Anyway you slice it, top 5. The four guys behind McDavid (MacK, Drai, Kuch, Bread) are pretty much interchangeable.
Pasta and Barkov (who's criminally underrated) also have a legit claim to the top tier.

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
This.

He’s first.
upload_2021-4-6_21-30-41.gif

Reactions: Dialamo

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Definitely not gonna say he's number 2...but they just showed a stat during tonight's game that he's got more 2 point games as a Ranger than games with no points. He produces like crazy.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
No he is not.

Lock it up mods
Not as ridiculous as you think, despite OP's reputation. Panarin aint' your average Joe. Look at the stats. Like McDavid and Crosby, Panarin makes Ryan Stromes of the world look like superstars. It's a weird thing. I think Panarin is easier to neutralize than MacKinnon because he's a small guy and doesn''t have big Mac's explosive power. So that's why I put him third.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's McDavid and everyone else. MacKinnon is #2 in my mind. Panarin is right behind. Anyway you slice it, top 5. The four guys behind McDavid (MacK, Drai, Kuch, Bread) are pretty much interchangeable.
Pasta and Barkov (who's criminally underrated) also have a legit claim to the top tier.

How is Barkov criminally underrated when he's beating Matthews in a poll? Matthews belongs with Pasta and Barkov at the least.

Reactions: Bread4Life

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
He is a top-5 offensive forward in the NHL. Only forwards I have in front of him offensively are McDavid, Draisatil, and Kucherov.

From an offensive stand point, I have him in front of players like MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Matthews, etc.

Reactions: Bread4Life

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Bread passes Draisaitl for 2nd in the league in ppg. Closing in on McDavid...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad