Post-Game Talk: is anyone surprised?

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Wings haven't lost 7 straight at home since 1982..the deadwings era is back folks.

These aren't "losses" though. Yeah, it's still deflating, but Detroit has still gotten 6 points out of those 7 games.

If we went 3-4, I doubt anybody would be talking much about it, but it's the same thing with the broken NHL points system.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Not surpriced.

More of depressed.

And lost all trust and hope for Quincey.

You mean you still had some? :laugh:

Didn't think Quincey had a particularly bad game for the record. He was -2 but one of those were entirely on DD and Howard, the other I honestly don't remember. Compared to almost all his other games this season it was a step up.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
You mean you still had some? :laugh:

Didn't think Quincey had a particularly bad game for the record. He was -2 but one of those were entirely on DD and Howard, the other I honestly don't remember. Compared to almost all his other games this season it was a step up.

Yeah, Q wasn't as terrible as usual on either goal. The first one was about 90% Howard who made the initial stop but spazzed on his rebound control. On the second one no one covered the guy in front of the net who scored the goal. Q was kinda in no man's land covering no one which is not good when you play man defense.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, Q wasn't as terrible as usual on either goal. The first one was about 90% Howard who made the initial stop but spazzed on his rebound control. On the second one no one covered the guy in front of the net who scored the goal. Q was kinda in no man's land covering no one which is not good when you play man defense.

Eh, 90% on Howard after a terrible terrible giveaway by DD that basically had a Caps player in on a breakaway.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Eh, 90% on Howard after a terrible terrible giveaway by DD that basically had a Caps player in on a breakaway.

Still, someone like Lidström, would have prevented that goal, eliminating the opposite stick for a rebound. Quincey looked like he would care less with his weak slash.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Caps fan coming in peace. :)

I thought your team played well.

They had 37 shots to our 33. I believe you were playing with 17 , short 1 forward and Ericsson just returning. The third period usually is where teams get tired if they are playing short or coming back after time off.

They lost in a shootout which sometimes is just luck.

I know it's a series of losses but I still think this game was close.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

They had 37 shots to our 33. I believe you were playing with 17 , short 1 forward and Ericsson just returning. The third period usually is where teams get tired if they are playing short or coming back after time off.

Yeah, the majority of our top 6 was solid, minus Bertuzzi and Helm who are not legit top 6 guys. The biggest positive for me was Tatar, he looked great.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Still, someone like Lidström, would have prevented that goal, eliminating the opposite stick for a rebound. Quincey looked like he would care less with his weak slash.

Well someone like Lidstrom wouldn't have made the turnover DD did either. I mean most of that play comes down to DeKeyser. He makes just an awful pass and read. Then he completely compounds it trying to go in after a 50/50 puck which he loses both things he simply cannot do when a line change is taking place. Sure Howard could have better rebound control and you hope the scrambling D can eliminate the rebound better, but that is pretty miserable play by DeKeyser, awful pass and even worse journey up the ice afterwards instead of retreating.

On the positive side this is the kind of mistake he hasn't made often. Watched him make one last year during one of the Griffins playoff games that was really bad and it seemed to impact the rest of his game. Glad to see last night he flushed that ten seconds, moved on and played one of his better games afterwards. That is a nice thing to see, mistakes happen at this level, don't let it impact the rest of the game and DD didn't let that happen last night a part of his maturation process.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
dekeyser makes too much plays like that. he's pretty good without the puck on his stick, but i haven't been happy with his decision making with the puck. that will hopefully come with time.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
dekeyser makes too much plays like that. he's pretty good without the puck on his stick, but i haven't been happy with his decision making with the puck. that will hopefully come with time.

Considering his number of games played. DD is doing GREAT!
This is officially his rookie season!

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Should never give up a 3-1 lead. Ever. If you can't lock that down, you're a bad team. We're a bad team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Well someone like Lidstrom wouldn't have made the turnover DD did either. I mean most of that play comes down to DeKeyser. He makes just an awful pass and read. Then he completely compounds it trying to go in after a 50/50 puck which he loses both things he simply cannot do when a line change is taking place. Sure Howard could have better rebound control and you hope the scrambling D can eliminate the rebound better, but that is pretty miserable play by DeKeyser, awful pass and even worse journey up the ice afterwards instead of retreating.

On the positive side this is the kind of mistake he hasn't made often. Watched him make one last year during one of the Griffins playoff games that was really bad and it seemed to impact the rest of his game. Glad to see last night he flushed that ten seconds, moved on and played one of his better games afterwards. That is a nice thing to see, mistakes happen at this level, don't let it impact the rest of the game and DD didn't let that happen last night a part of his maturation process.

Yeah, that's what we will see more (but hopefully less in the future) with a young defence. What comes to DD, there's a believe that he will learn. But how about Quincey...?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

For the amount of minutes he plays, and the amount of career games played, I think he makes fantastic decisions with the puck. I actually think that's one of his biggest strengths.

Not saying he won't make mistakes from time to time, but he's a very "cerebral" player.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
For the amount of minutes he plays, and the amount of career games played, I think he makes fantastic decisions with the puck. I actually think that's one of his biggest strengths.

Not saying he won't make mistakes from time to time, but he's a very "cerebral" player.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. Or maybe it's that we have so many defensemen that make poor decisions with the puck that an average guy starts looking pretty awesome.

Either way, on the Wings, DeKeyser seems to know what to do with the puck more than most of his teammates.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, I'm with you on this. Or maybe it's that we have so many defensemen that make poor decisions with the puck that an average guy starts looking pretty awesome.

Haha, I have a hard time telling myself.

Either way, on the Wings, DeKeyser seems to know what to do with the puck more than most of his teammates.

Yeah, seems to be "wise beyond his years" for sure. He also seems to learn from his mistakes, which is a huge part of development for a defenseman.

I always thought he had limited offensive potential, but there more be more to his game there than I originally thought. Needs consistency in that area for sure, but he flashes some nice offensive ability from time to time.

Johnz96*

Should never give up a 3-1 lead. Ever. If you can't lock that down, you're a bad team. We're a bad team.

I really don't like the direction the team has taken the last few years but many eventual Stanley Cup Champs have given up even bigger leads on their run to the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->