Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
115242.gif

tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
As did Jurco & Jarnkrok had 2 points as well. Nyquist should be up this year, Jurco & Jarnkrok next year but we all know that won't happen unless something drastic happens.

That's the funny thing. On any other team, they'd be talking about how Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen should be called up. Nyquist would be a 2 year vet and Jurco would be a rookie. :laugh:

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Did anyone else watch the post game? I am not imagining things, the last word he said was Gus! That is not Gustavsson!

Per Khan:

Babcock said Gustavsson will start tomorrow at Islanders. Doesn't want Howard starting back to back nights
8:42 PM - 15 Nov 2013

The Wings recalled Glendening from Grand Rapids to be on emergency recall if Alfredsson can't play tomorrow, Hollland said.
8:47 PM - 15 Nov 2013

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Per Khan:

Babcock said Gustavsson will start tomorrow at Islanders. Doesn't want Howard starting back to back nights
8:42 PM - 15 Nov 2013

The Wings recalled Glendening from Grand Rapids to be on emergency recall if Alfredsson can't play tomorrow, Hollland said.
8:47 PM - 15 Nov 2013

I like Glendenning. Can we waive Andersson and bring up Nyquist? Or is that no mas cap wise?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I actually liked the game: Tatar was clicking with Franzen , we outshoot Capitals . DD looks SOLID . I feel bad for Abdy with his line mates. Many probably will disagree , but Abdy should be together with Franzen and Tatar
Samy and CLEARY must go

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
At this point and I know it would be bad for his confidence and extreme given that he has had groin injuries, but I would tell Monster to start stretching as soon as overtime starts, you are in for the shootouts.

Also anybody want to explain Dats in the shootout lately?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Coaching change is needed IMO. We're not worse without Babcock. His time has ran out. A new voice is needed.

Not saying I disagree, but can't blame the coach that Nyquist is in the minors.

Then again....maybe you can, seeing as he is responsible for Danny Cleary being back

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
That's the funny thing. On any other team, they'd be talking about how Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen should be called up. Nyquist would be a 2 year vet and Jurco would be a rookie. :laugh:

I don't mind Jurco, Jarnkrok or Pulkkinen in the AHL. Jurco did need another year as he didn't exactly light the world on fire last year. Jarnkrok & Pulkkinen are adjusting to the NA game so I'm not sure another team would have had them up right away.

It's Nyquist being in the AHL that's stupid in now way, shape or form is he not an NHLer at this point.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Not saying I disagree, but can't blame the coach that Nyquist is in the minors.

Then again....maybe you can, seeing as he is responsible for Danny Cleary being back

Yeah. Babcock WANTED Cleary. He loves him. Holland was weak and gave in. It's more than that though. Babs needs to go. His message has gone stale. The Wings lost Flip because of Babcock. Mule hates Babcock. And I wouldn't be surprised if other players HATE Babcock.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Actually that is, he means the starting goalie, Monster is going tomorrow night.

Oops forgive me. I just watched the presser again and yes the question was about Jimmy, not Glendening. Sorry I thought Gus was GUS! :cry:

Well I'm going to sit back and eat more than a hat, I might eat some ice skates. Sorry again.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I actually liked the game: Tatar was clicking with Franzen , we outshoot Capitals . DD looks SOLID . I feel bad for Abdy with his line mates. Many probably will disagree , but Abdy should be together with Franzen and Tatar
Samy and CLEARY must go

this was my view with 10 minutes to go in the game, and then reality struck, and well, the rest is history

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Oops forgive me. I just watched the presser again and yes the question was about Jimmy, not Glendening. Sorry I thought Gus was GUS! :cry:

Well I'm going to sit back and eat more than a hat, I might eat some ice skates. Sorry again.

It is fine, just everyone wants that, figured that couldn't be right. He calls Andersson (Andy) and Monster (Gus) yes I don't want to learn to spell his name and will continue with his nickname like Babcock should.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

It's all good, we're not naive enough to actually think that the Detroit Red Wings would bring up their 24 year old extremely talented forward. We all know that's not going to happen until at least 2014, and they will continue to run this team like ****.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Miller couldn't convert any of those glorious chances, a big part of the reason he was getting them to begin with. I liked him, but best player tonight?

Franzen was our best player tonight, nice to see him do that, Tatar was second best. If DK's name was Smith or Quincey all you guys would talk about even with points was his horrible turnover in the first that led to the goal. I was glad to see him bounce back from that though, really terrible pass then pinches up after it on a bad read compounding his mistake.

If I had to do stars

1.) Franzen
2.) Tatar
3.) Kindl
Not the best, you would be correct with Franzen. But given what is expected out of Miller, I was most impressed with what he did.

DK couldn't have telegraphed that pass any worse but he didn't do it again. Not sure how he didn't see that guy there. Horrible pass, horrible rebound, led to a goal. It was just all around bad. But he logged the most ice time and other than that mistake, thought he played well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Things I like about this season:

1) Filppula is trolling the Red Wings
2) Holland looks terrible for making the moves we all said were crap
3) Dekeyser and Tatar, brights spots amongst a sea of old turds

The only bad thing is... Apparently there is no number of injuries or consecutive losses that will prompt Holland to correct his wrongs, and get Nyquist on the damn team.

But until then Kenny just watch this fire keep burnin'

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Kenneh!
Kenneh!
He's our man!
If He can't do it
No one can!

I have to tell you how impressed I am with this depth our GM has created. We've waived Cory Emmerton, Jordin Tootoo and Patrick Eaves and NO ONE wanted any of them. So now we get to send them down to Grand Rapids and can call them back up if we ever have the roster spots to do so. That's how you build a Stanley Cup winner!!

It's really quite impressive. I wonder how many more players we could waive and not have a single team in the NHL show the slightest bit of interest in acquiring that player. Mikael Samuelsson? Dan Cleary? Drew Miller? Kyle Quincey? Jakub Kindl?

We truly have an incredible amount of depth. Oh, is Kenneh still working on that trade to alleviate the roster crunch? :laugh:

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
To be honest, we are still going to make the playoffs, and the fact that we are going into OT every game means the Wings aren't getting destroyed or anything. I know these "loser points" are frustrating, but at the end of the day, a point is a point, and these will all come in handy to make the playoffs. There are no dumb shootouts in the playoffs, thank God, and we are fortunate to be in the East, where it will only take like 90 points to get in. Hopefully by that point Howard has his confidence back, and Nyquist is FINALLY on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad