Post-Game Talk: is anyone surprised?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
What is with our shootout attempts? Seriously. We can't even blame Howie for this. If we can't score a single goal with 3 shooters, what the hell is he supposed to do? Score for us?

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
They need to hit the road. Absolutely brutal at the Joe. Unfortunately it's a back-to-back against the Islanders who they never seem to beat.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
No kidding. I'm getting real tired of Babcock and his constant attempts to just bunker up and defend for 20+ minutes whenever we get a lead. This is so pathetic.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
No idea why Mule was sent out there. Datsyuk... He's tried the same move....
Give Tatar a shot... Or even Z who kinda sucks at the SO. Bert needs to change it up. Thanks Jimmy.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Question: Is Holland going to allow this team to slide into mediocrity because of his complacency or is he going to do SOMETHING?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
No kidding. I'm getting real tired of Babcock and his constant attempts to just bunker up and defend for 20+ minutes whenever we get a lead. This is so pathetic.

That's not the game plan. Not letting 40 shots a game is not bunkering up. This team has a lack of talent.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lame coaching to have two defensemen out for a 4on3 OT PP. If you coach not to lose, you'll probably not win either.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Looked like Hank and Dats were gassed tonight. A lot of incomplete efforts from them. The only place where they really looked tight was with the extra man.

I really hope they aren't running on fumes already...

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Going forward, I couldn't care less about the skills competition. The actual game itself was a tie- but you can't blow 2 goal leads.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
What is with our shootout attempts? Seriously. We can't even blame Howie for this. If we can't score a single goal with 3 shooters, what the hell is he supposed to do? Score for us?
They all try the same moves, I don't get it. It's like watching Zetterberg try his patented fake shot leg kick to backhand everytime.

I said it in the GDT, I miss when Hossa would just rip a slapper from the hash marks over the goalies shoulder. You don't have to be fancy e.g. Bertuzzi to score. Just put it in the net.

If we know what they are going to do in the shootout, you sure as **** know NHL goaltenders who watch tape know as well

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
right now not a very good hockey team. in fact piss poor. Quincey has to go, there can be no more excuses

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
That's not the game plan. Not letting 40 shots a game is not bunkering up. This team has a lack of talent.

I didn't think they played bad per say. But of course, adding a player like Nyquist would help this team. Jimmy needs to be better. Sammy is streets ahead of Cleary.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
probably pav's worst game of the year tonite, just wasn't finishing anything

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
When only 1 out of 3 of the guys in the shootout would have even been credited with a shot on goal you're not likely to get 2 points.
This giving away of leads and skating away with 1 pt. is getting frustrating; could be in for a long season.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah. You get three goals from your secondary lines you should win the game.

And we are so bad at shootouts. So terribly bad.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Looked like Hank and Dats were gassed tonight. A lot of incomplete efforts from them. The only place where they really looked tight was with the extra man.

I really hope they aren't running on fumes already...
I really think they are. For the most part they have to carry 99% of the offense on their back. It has to be tiring.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lame coaching to have two defensemen out for a 4on3 OT PP. If you coach not to lose, you'll probably not win either.

Babcock gets a big old failing grade tonight, whether or not his strongest supporters want to admit it. He played bunker mentality in the third and then once again with mystifying line choices and decisions in overtime in terms of aggressiveness. We all know we're terrible at the shootout at this point, so what is Babcock playing for there? :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad