Is Anyone Else Sick of Crosby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
I know he's a good player with the potential to be great, but I am totally sick of seeing and hearing about Crosby. I go to TSN, and I see Crosby. I go to NHL.com, and I see Crosby. I come here and I see threads like, "Crosby is god". I probably would actually like the kid, but all of this incessant gushing over Sid has given me a distinct disdain for him as a player. I just wish everyone would get over their little puck bunny crushes on Crosby and realize that there are about 600 other players in the league. Go Ovechkin and Phaneuf! (and I'm an Oilers fan)

Guy Caballero

Nov 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Right here. I like watching the kid play and all, and I hope for the best for him, especially since he'll be lighting it up for the Habs one day, but give me a break. I'm hoping Firefox comes up with an extension that blocks all articles and images related to Crosby.

The n00b King ©*

Dallas said:
I know he's a good player with the potential to be great, but I am totally sick of seeing and hearing about Crosby. I go to TSN, and I see Crosby. I go to NHL.com, and I see Crosby. I come here and I see threads like, "Crosby is god". I probably would actually like the kid, but all of this incessant gushing over Sid has given me a distinct disdain for him as a player. I just wish everyone would get over their little puck bunny crushes on Crosby and realize that there are about 600 other players in the league. Go Ovechkin and Phaneuf! (and I'm an Oilers fan)

well i dont hate crosby, but personally i like Ovechkin better...just cuz he's a fantastic quote machine! "i dont know cooking. i go Starbucks and eat all chocolate. ha.ha.ha."

but hey man, you gots to understand yo...that the Crosbeeee, he's the new impersona of da N....H....L....remember gretzky days? gretzky this, gretzky that...well now, the torch is being passed down! and thus far, the kid is doing exactly what is expected of him, he's playing good hockey!

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
Dallas said:

Right with you buddy, and I am or was a Penguins fan.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Nope, and it'll be pretty awesome to watch him play out his career in Pittsburgh, too.

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
But if everybody got over their "puck bunny crushes" on Crosby, we'd miss out on such quality threads as this one!

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
No but I'm sick of Ovechkin fans crying about Crosby. :sarcasm:

I agree Crosby is getting a lot of coverage but he deserves most of it. He's an amazing player. That being said, Phaneuf, Lundqvist, Ovechkin etc...and a few other rookies deserve some mention for their great play. What I do find annoying though is people getting so mad at Crosby getting coverage. Who cares? It's just the media, if you don't like it, change the channel. People would be acting the same way if Ovechkin was getting the coverage so why bother complaining.

I'm just happy we get to see all these rookies showcase their skill.

pens66

Guy Caballero said:
Right here. I like watching the kid play and all, and I hope for the best for him, especially since he'll be lighting it up for the Habs one day, but give me a break. I'm hoping Firefox comes up with an extension that blocks all articles and images related to Crosby.

Crosby will not play for the canadians due to the high tax rates in quebec. This is the main reason why MTL has so much trouble signing free agents, it's a huge obstacle for the organization to lure FAs. It all comes down to the dollar and if sidney finds out he will be losing 50% in taxes, then he will not sign with the habs.
End of story.

Guy Caballero

Nov 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
pens66 said:
Crosby will not play for the canadians due to the high tax rates in quebec. This is the main reason why MTL has so much trouble signing free agents, it's a huge obstacle for the organization to lure FAs. It all comes down to the dollar and if sidney finds out he will be losing 50% in taxes, then he will not sign with the habs.
End of story.
That didn't seem to bother Kovalev.

People making that much money anywhere are taxed excessively.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I couldn't bear to watch the TSN broadcast of the Habs-Pens game tonight. Every second sentence was about Crosby. I turned the game back on for overtime and Pierre McGuire blew a load when Crosby stepped up to take his shot in the shootout.

Guy Caballero

Nov 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
sevenSteen said:
I couldn't bear to watch the TSN broadcast of the Habs-Pens game tonight. Every second sentence was about Crosby. I turned the game back on for overtime and Pierre McGuire blew a load when Crosby stepped up to take his shot in the shootout.
And he squealed like a girl when he scored.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Am I sick of Crosby? Not a chance, I love watching this kid play and I can't wait to watch him turn into one of the best the games ever seen. '

Am I sick of the media going Crosby-Crazy. Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad