Is anyone else amazed at San Jose's german scouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkc2

Oct 18, 2003
I think most team are underating German players. I think more and more German players will be drafted a few years later when the likes of Christian Ehrhoff, Marcel Goc and Dennis Seidenberg are doing well in the NHL. 2005 should be a good draft for the Germans!

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Vanman said:
what happened to mizral?

His pops insulted the G-man, the G-man then killed his father as Mizral got away, Mizral then ran into the hills, preparing a revenge. Jay Thompson is his younger brother and he's posting from Sicili.. er Vancouver.

You never call me Godfather, and now ask me to kill this gu.. err sorry, got all up in the moment..

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Modano = Dud said:
There are more teams like that.. The Wings have a hard on for Swedes, drafting at least 3 every draft.

I think Detroit strategy is this one: Use the first 3-4 picks to draft the ones they really are interested in, then let HÃ¥kan Andersson go nuts with the last 3-4 picks and hope someone turns out into the next Zetterberg.

Edit: Meaning is that most of Detroits swedish picks really doesn't count since they should be regarded as extreme long shots.

Last edited:

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
mkc2 said:
I think most team are underating German players. I think more and more German players will be drafted a few years later when the likes of Christian Ehrhoff, Marcel Goc and Dennis Seidenberg are doing well in the NHL. 2005 should be a good draft for the Germans!
That could be quite a good year for German youngsters.(Christoph Gawlik,Daniel Pietta,Florian Ondruschka,Robert Dietrich,Lukas Lang) :banana: :jump: :yo:

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
No one followed Montreals lead after 1992 when they drafted a player from across the Ocean...the Pacific Ocean that is.

Was Hiroyuki Miura the first and last Japanese player drafted?

Look at his phot for his team in Japan, you though Europe had lots of crazy uniforms with advertising on them...this looks Japanamation:

http://www.jihf.or.jp/jihl/sensyu2000/314-e.htm

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I tried to avoid changing my name, I really did. However, Holly asked me to do so if I wanted to become a writer for HF - so, alas, here I am. Deal with it.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Jay Thompson said:
I tried to avoid changing my name, I really did. However, Holly asked me to do so if I wanted to become a writer for HF - so, alas, here I am. Deal with it.

So all writers at HF go by their real names now?

Deleted member 3032

X-SHARKIE said:
That is the cutest jersey I have ever seen...OMG I LOVE IT. :lol

Cute? "He'll bite your head clean off!" "It's a vicious rabbit with large, sharp, pointy teeth!"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad