Is Aleksander Barkov the best in Shootouts?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I don't think there is anyone in recent years with more variety in shootouts than Barkov. So you could definately argue about him being the best.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think only TJ Oshie has been more efficient in the shootout than Barkov since coming into the league per some minimumn number of attempts

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Guess it depends on what you want.

Barkov is a magician, like you said, grab bag of tricks.

Oshie is a hypnotist, little variations on the same thing and it just keeps working.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Anyone have a compilation (or just clips of their favourite Barkov shootout goals)? Also, any chance the Flames can get his shootout services? I get it if we can't have him full-time, just for shootouts would be enough.

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
Anyone have a compilation (or just clips of their favourite Barkov shootout goals)? Also, any chance the Flames can get his shootout services? I get it if we can't have him full-time, just for shootouts would be enough.

its one year old the clip , but there are some of his beauties..

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If you take entertainment value into consideration he is the best :DD

No one scores with the efficiency he does while making it look sweet every time. I don't ever recall Barkov just shooting the puck in the net without any moves.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Isn't he friends with Pavel Barber? Makes sense he would be good, I would unironically take Barber over most NHLers in the shootout, some of the best hands in the world.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I think he is 0 for multiple attempts against Tampa the last 2 or 3 seasons. Color me not impressed. He’s failed in at least 5 attempts against them during this stretch. Every time I get nervous because of his “reputation.” But that never pans out. As a matter of fact, I am not even sure the shootout highlights are even real. Of course I am kidding. Still, though, maybe he just crumbles when facing a proficient goalie like Vasy.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Fun to watch no doubt. I had no idea he is this good.

But do goalies ever try a poke-check on him? The full length of the shaft / throw the stick out to the knob / jump at him at full speed poke-check??

99/100 of these goalies are very conservative. and if you know he's going backhand, make him go somewhere else...

I'm surprised his backhand still works. (or are these old yt?)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think he is 0 for multiple attempts against Tampa the last 2 or 3 seasons. Color me not impressed. He’s failed in at least 5 attempts against them during this stretch. Every time I get nervous because of his “reputation.” But that never pans out. As a matter of fact, I am not even sure the shootout highlights are even real. Of course I am kidding. Still, though, maybe he just crumbles when facing a proficient goalie like Vasy.
Why does there always have to be a “you”

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad