Is Abdelkader worth his current contract?

• Thread starter CloneHakanPlease*
  • Start date

CloneHakanPlease*

In comparison, Tootoo got $1.9 million and will likely be in the dog house for a 3rd of the season. Abdelkader is a more complete (and younger) player for less money.

About that...

Anyways, does anyone think there is a possibility Holland is considering buying out his contract? I can see his days as numbered if Babs is shown the door.

MOD: Moved from the original Abby re-signing thread. No need to bump months' old threads, but a new topic can be started about the specific issue or question.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
He isn't worth more than his current contract! Further more I think putting him on Datsyuk's line has given him a BIG head. Let him walk if he wants more. He's been on Datsyuk's wing for weeks and only has 1 goal sorry but he's not worth worth more than 1.7M. Not even 1.8M

CloneHakanPlease*

He isn't worth more than his current contract! Further more I think putting him on Datsyuk's line has given him a BIG head. Let him walk if he wants more. He's been on Datsyuk's wing for weeks and only has 1 goal sorry but he's not worth worth more than 1.7M. Not even 1.8M

Hate to break it to you but he's signed for 3 more years after this one for 1.7 mil.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What could Abdelkader do if he were Datsyuk's winger and played the PP?

I've never been Abdelkader's biggest fan, but he's a useful player who can be moved up and down the lineup.

Well, you got what you asked for. What ya think now? :laugh:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You know you're dealing with lunatics when they claim Abby is better than Bert.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Wouldn't suprise me if he and one of CC or samuelson where are buyouts. I'd put a wager in that it would probably be him and cc unless cleary gave him his blackmail evidence.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
Geeze people. He is a 4th line player playing on the 1st/2nd line because of injuries. He isn't paid to score. He is paid to grind and play good defense on the 4th line. He is good at that. This is far from a bad signing. Calm down.

gcdc14

Oct 4, 2007
Abdelkader has shown that he is nothing more than an above average 4th liner. He has no scoring or playmaking touch whatsover. He wracks up tons of weak hits, his only positive attribute, and is afraid to fight. He has average speed, defensive responsibility, and a slightly above average work ethic. He is often prone to critical turnovers and seems to kill any offense momentum once he touches the puck. That being said, he is a below average 3rd liner, and a more than serviceable 4th liner. The type of player that the Wings seem to have in abundance.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
Abdelkader has shown that he is nothing more than an above average 4th liner. He has no scoring or playmaking touch whatsover. He wracks up tons of weak hits, his only positive attribute, and is afraid to fight. He has average speed, defensive responsibility, and a slightly above average work ethic. He is often prone to critical turnovers and seems to kill any offense momentum once he touches the puck. That being said, he is a below average 3rd liner, and a more than serviceable 4th liner. The type of player that the Wings seem to have in abundance.

Exactly.. He is a 4TH LINE PLAYER. Why is everybody hating on Abby all of the sudden?

And what do you mean by " above average work ethic"? How do you know this? Do you know him personally? That is a pretty bold assumption to make based on no facts. In fact, he is known to have off-ice training ethic like Draper which is saying something.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Cleary won't he is ufa. Sammy has no trade clause so I think he should be in the discussion. Abby is proving this year he would be worth it. CC I would rather trade for a late round pick (5-7) but if we target scuderi or something as a vet d addition he becomes expendable quick.

We have two free buyouts and should use them. Who would you think would get them?

gcdc14

Oct 4, 2007
Exactly.. He is a 4TH LINE PLAYER. Why is everybody hating on Abby all of the sudden?

And what do you mean by " above average work ethic"? How do you know this? Do you know him personally? That is a pretty bold assumption to make based on no facts. In fact, he is known to have off-ice training ethic like Draper which is saying something.

This is from my observations of his on ice work ethic. Tendencies to circle around, let up on checks, avoid scrums, etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad