Is a news story about a blog OK to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
All threads like this are allowed. If our buddy Eklund is quoted or referred to or interviewed by mainstream media, then it is fine.

The only time the thread will get closed is if one of two things happens.

1. The blog is cited as a source for information. "We are going to have a deal soon because 'Ek' said so." That is not allowed.

2. The entire thread turns into: "He is a fraud." "No he isn't" "Is" "Isn't" No bickering back and forth about him.

If the content of the discussion stays about the content...then the thread stays.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
nhlfan79 said:

thats an awful article

alot of spelling mistakes, and mis-typings. Probably justified that the author's e-mail is @espn3.com.

It will never cease to amaze how a guy, who has _NEVER_ made 1 correct prediction, gets so much publicity. I mean, hes made about 50 predictions, even my Dog could get 1 right.

best was when the "rumored" deal was happening. And This board was flooded with eklund-ites.... Bashing everybody who went against their prophet...... only to vanish 1 day later when it was 100% false.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
lol, anyone catch the end of the story??

i won't tell anyone who i am...or atleast until im 91 years old liek deepthroat...something like that

if anyone can please try and find out who this clown is and expose it to the world...that would just be awesome

SPARTAKUS*

The only thing I have to say about this, is that I find Eklund to be very entertaining. I checked his site everyday it's very refreshing to read someone that see thing positively for a change. I think there's a lot a people around here who are jealous of Eklund.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
OTTSENS said:
The only thing I have to say about this, is that I find Eklund to be very entertaining. I checked his site everyday it's very refreshing to read someone that see thing positively for a change. I think there's a lot a people around here who are jealous of Eklund.
Jealous of what?
Making up things and then being recognized for it? :biglaugh:

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
OTTSENS said:
There is a difference between seeing things positively and being wrong. In Eklund's case, he's almost always wrong. I could run the same site if I felt like spending my free time misleading people and putting my imagination on a blog.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think there's a lot a people around here who are jealous of Eklund.

i don't understand why you would think people are jealous of him...i don't want to turn this into the whole dissallowed debate but cmon...what is there to be jealous of?

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Are you guys TRYING to break Slats432's rules? It was the second post in the thread.

Yeesh.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Crazy_Ike said:
Are you guys TRYING to break Slats432's rules? It was the second post in the thread.

Yeesh.
The article was about Eklund, how do you expect people to respond?

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
nyr7andcounting said:
The article was about Eklund, how do you expect people to respond?

I expect them to follow the advice in the second post in the thread by a moderator.

But perhaps expecting that much intelligence WAS a bit much to ask.

:shakehead

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Crazy_Ike said:

Yeesh.
First of all, they aren't my rules, they are HFBoards rules.

Secondly, the article should be the discussion, not what our opinion on the blog/blogger is.

ResidentAlien*

19nazzy said:
Jealous of what?
Making up things and then being recognized for it? :biglaugh:
I think the article was a good snapshot of what has transpired, and in some way has been a therapy for a lot of info-starved hockey fans..at least he is a positive outlook.

Even Bob M lent him a modicum of credibility on these very boards..

SPARTAKUS*

I don't care if is wrong so what??? I am a positive person, I like to surround my self with poeple who are also positive what's wrong with that. Eklund is a positive guy I like that in a person and by the way wasn't it the THN that said "Deal Done" where they wright?
So you see even the bible of hockey The Hockey News was wrong. Go figure.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
slats432 said:
First of all, they aren't my rules, they are HFBoards rules.

Secondly, the article should be the discussion, not what our opinion on the blog/blogger is.
Plus, I think the intent of that particular rule is really to prevent childish "He's a fraud. No he's not. He's a fraud. No he's not." arguments, I assume. As long as the discussion actually remains mature and civil, it seems reasonable to address the blogger himself and his role during this lockout. Regardless of the extent to which he is credible, it is undeniable that he has made somewhat of a name (thought not his real one :) ) for himself during this lockout, and he has made a tangible impression on the hockey community. This is most evident in the hockey media, where he has appeared on probably 30 or so sports radio programs around North America, and he has been discussed or referenced in many mainstream print media outlets. He's a "lockout phenomenon" if nothing else, and commentary on such a phenomenon--if intelligent and mature--seems far from offensive.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Uh.

Why does it say Pelle Eklund is 37 in that story? Isnt the dude 45+?

Eklund probably mixed his story up somehwere.

....and nobody is jealous of him. If I was a dude online who posted fake rumors to make people like me I would shoot myself.

ResidentAlien*

NYRangers said:
Uh.

Why does it say Pelle Eklund is 37 in that story? Isnt the dude 45+?

Eklund probably mixed his story up somehwere.

....and nobody is jealous of him. If I was a dude online who posted fake rumors to make people like me I would shoot myself.
I dont think he was saying the real Pelle Eklund was 37 but the blogger "Eklund"
And like/believe it or not, I think anyone who has followed this story( The Eklund Chronicles") by now has to admit that he has at the very least somehow earned or fanagled some real, legit contacts.
That much is true..anyone disagree?

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Note how many times the article goes "He says"
nice fact checking, did they just email him and then print up the answers....

things like hits and visitors and whether the money really goes to charity, those are the main questions I have.
He says hundreds of thousands of visitors, we have 12 000 here (well 11, 999) and we're the largest grouping of hockey fans on the internet. Granted that's registered users, but still, HFBoards girth times a tenfold?

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
OTTSENS said:
I think there's a lot a people around here who are jealous of Eklund.
Thanks for the pyschoanalysis Dr. Freud.

Could it be his followers are living vicariously through his blog to compensate for their own failure to realize their dreams of being "hockey insiders?"

Nah. Couldn't be.

Funny though. A guy who freely admits to playing fast and loose with the facts surely can't be bothered with checking the veracity of his sources? Now can he?

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
nyr7andcounting said:
There is a difference between seeing things positively and being wrong. In Eklund's case, he's almost always wrong. I could run the same site if I felt like spending my free time misleading people and putting my imagination on a blog.

There's plenty of politicians on both sides who have made long careers out of being wrong... what can you say, the guy may be an loser to one person and a hero to another. But he has power and appeal to some people.

I think the article, and his story, shows what the combination of luck, timing, and work can do to anyone.

Last edited:

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
heshootshescores said:
There's plenty of politicians on both sides who have made long careers out of being wrong... what can you say, the guy may be an loser to one person and a hero to another. But he has power and appeal to some people.
Yes, but Eklund is self-appointed, is he not?

How are we all to know Eklund is such an insider either than because he incessantly informs us of such?

The Brothers Grimm had a following too. Some people want to read about happy endings.

Eklund makes a children's party game of "Pin The Tail On The Donkey" look like Kasparov vs. Deep Blue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad