Is 2015 third overall Dylan Strome a bust?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don’t think I’d call him a bust yet, but it’s an unfortunate pick given the talent in that draft. Throw a dart at a board and you would’ve done better.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Serious question for non Coyote/Wild fans. Would you rather have Eriksson-Ek, or Strome?

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Bust, and poor pick are two very different things. Easy to say they should have made a different selection, but Strome is still trending in the right direction, with only one year of professional experience. A bust designation is a ways away, but it would be hard to argue this was a good selection.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If anyone in that list is bust is Pavel Zacha. Played more than 100+ games and his point to game ratio is not a top 10 pick right now
He's in a team that has good players

Strome still has a chance to turn this around. He needs some time to build confidence. I think he'll be fine

He's definitely not going to be in the same sentence as the others who got picked before and right after him

That one game, the last game where he scored 6 points to take the OHL scoring lead. I wonder if he didn't score 6 points and Marner wins the OHL title, would the Coyotes have picked Marner instead
Yes 21 yr old Strome has time to turn it around but 21 yr old Zacha doesnt

Reactions: RangerDoggo

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Strome makes me glad we picked Zacha for God’s sake. If Zacha doesn’t take the next step this season, he’s a bottom-six center, but he’s still an NHL player. Not so much with Strome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->