Is “Four for Four” a Crock of Crap?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It's great that the Flyers are doing so well, but with that comes the idiot guys on the radio that now want to talk about hockey. The one guy talking the other day didn't even know the current NHL playoff format. The idiot radio hosts aren't 4 for 4. Maybe 2 for 4 and that's pushing. They can all f*** off

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's great that the Flyers are doing so well, but with that comes the idiot guys on the radio that now want to talk about hockey. The one guy talking the other day didn't even know the current NHL playoff format. The idiot radio hosts aren't 4 for 4. Maybe 2 for 4 and that's pushing. They can all f*** off

You mean the one that has been around for six plus years now?

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
I lost interest in baseball like 20 years ago. The Phillies were just so bad after 93 that I eventually stopped watching and realized that I didn't miss. Even when they started getting good in like 2006, I had no interest at that point. It wasn't like I hated them and routed for another team, I just don't care about baseball anymore. I didn't even watch the '08 WS.
I love it because once the NHL and NBA seasons end in June, I feel like I need a break from sports. I spend the summer catching up on TV.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I guess it happened way back in the day. Eskin started some type of relationship with this lady. The lady was married. Eskin eventually sent flowers to the lady’s residence & her husband found it & eventually killed her for suspecting her of having affair.

Yeah, just read a couple stories about it. Holy crap.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
If you ever talk to me off the record, remind me to tell you the story of his clothing line. Yes, I'm serious.
Lmfaoooooo

FE050F69-DC45-4B4E-BE60-8444A140BCFC.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
But in all seriousness with the topic at hand, I think there are a lot of people that say that they're 4 for 4 but at the end of the day they really don't care about 1 or 2 of the teams unless they're good.

Gargano loves to claim that the 4 for 4 thing is the biggest badge of honor but in reality there aren't all that many REAL 4 for 4 people where they live and die every second with all of these teams.

Everyone's definition of what makes you a fan is different though and thus 4 for 4 varies from person to person.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The curmudgeons of Philly Sports Talk radio, particularly the hosts, should not be given the time of day. F*** “coming together” and unity, you’ve either been interested in the Flyers or you have not.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
But in all seriousness with the topic at hand, I think there are a lot of people that say that they're 4 for 4 but at the end of the day they really don't care about 1 or 2 of the teams unless they're good.

Gargano loves to claim that the 4 for 4 thing is the biggest badge of honor but in reality there aren't all that many REAL 4 for 4 people where they live and die every second with all of these teams.

Everyone's definition of what makes you a fan is different though and thus 4 for 4 varies from person to person.

Hockey & college football are really the only sports I follow pretty in-depth. I watch the Eagles/NFL a lot but I have zero clue of the cap rules/structure like I do in hockey.

I don’t watch or care about the NBA. I don’t hate on it like most other hockey fans but it’s just not for me. I used to love it when I actually played basketball but I just lost interest as I got older. I like individual players in all sports but I still root for teams first & foremost. So perhaps the Sixers just sucking for majority of life time just eventually helped kill my interest in basketball/NBA. I couldn’t just latch on to some top player & their team in other markets like a good amount of fans seemingly do in that league.

The Phillies I’m more casual than anything. It helps they have a stretch in the summer with nothing on but as I got older even that I’ve gotten somewhat bored of too & I loved that sport growing up.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm not 4 for 4. I would like the Sixers to do well but I honestly can't remember the last time I watched an entire game. Probably the Finals when I was high school (middle school?). I follow Joel Embiid's Twitter feed more than the actual Sixers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad